Two Sigma Software Engineer Salary: Compensation, Benefits, and More
Discover the Two Sigma Software Engineer Salary and Compensation Benefits. Compare salaries, explore perks, and find out how much you could earn at this leading financial services company.
10 min read
15 Jul, 2023
Two Sigma is one of the leading financial technology companies in the world, renowned for its cutting-edge algorithms and innovative solutions.
With an estimated 2300 employees, Two Sigma continues pushing data science and technology boundaries. As software engineers play a crucial role in driving the company's success, exploring compensation, benefits, and other key aspects of working at Two Sigma becomes crucial.
So, let's explore the Two Sigma software engineer's salaries and benefits, and perks that make the company an attractive destination for software engineers.
Two Sigma Salaries by Job Level
According to level.fyi, here is a breakdown of the salaries for software engineers at Two Sigma by their job level:
|Level||Level Name||Total||Base||Stock (/yr)||Bonus|
Level 1: Entry Level
Entry-level software engineers at Two Sigma can expect a total compensation package averaging around $265,000 annually. This includes a base salary of $169,000, stock options worth $4,000 per year, and an annual bonus of $92,000.
Moreover, as an entry-level software engineer, you can learn and grow within the company while working on challenging projects.
Level 2: Junior Level
The total compensation for junior-level software engineers at Two Sigma is approximately $313,000 annually. This includes a base salary of $188,000, $100 in stock options per year, and an annual bonus of $125,000.
In addition, junior-level software engineers play a crucial role in developing and maintaining software systems and contribute to the company's overall success.
Level 3: Mid-Level
Mid-level software engineers at Two Sigma earn an average total compensation of around $313,000 annually. This includes a base salary of $192,000, $4,000 in stock options per year, and an annual bonus of $117,000.
As a mid-level software engineer, you can take on more responsibilities and work on complex projects, further enhancing your skills and expertise.
Level 4: Senior Level
Senior-level software engineers at Two Sigma enjoy an average compensation package of approximately $449,000 annually. This includes a base salary of $226,000, $4,000 in stock options per year, and an annual bonus of $219,000.
Senior-level software engineers are considered experts in their field and play a crucial role in leading and mentoring other team members.
Level 4: Manager Level
Mid-level software engineers at Two Sigma earn an average total compensation of around $592,000 annually. This includes a base salary of $271,000, $10,000 in stock options per year, and an annual bonus of $311,000.
, as a manager-level software engineer, you will lead and guide a team of engineers, oversee software development projects, and ensure the successful implementation of cutting-edge technologies and solutions in the financial industry.
Career Progression at Two Sigma
At Two Sigma, career progression is essential to employee growth and development. As employees advance through the levels, they can expect to take on more responsibilities and receive increased compensation.
Here is a breakdown of the career progression at Two Sigma, including the salary increases and new responsibilities associated with each level promotion:
1. Level 1 (Entry Level) to Level 2
- Salary Increase: The base salary for Level 2 software engineers at Two Sigma is $188K, which is a significant increase from the Level 1 base salary of $169K.
- New Responsibilities: As a Level 2 software engineer, you will be entrusted with more complex projects and have the opportunity to collaborate with experienced professionals. You will contribute to developing innovative solutions and gain valuable hands-on experience.
2. Level 2 to Level 3
- Salary Increase: Software engineers promoted to Level 3 can expect a base salary of $192K and additional compensation components.
- New Responsibilities: At Level 3, you will lead projects and mentor junior engineers. You can work on cutting-edge technologies, contribute to the company's strategies, and further enhance your technical skills.
3. Level 3 to Level 4
- Salary Increase: The promotion to Level 4 comes with a significant salary increase. Software engineers at this level earn a base salary of $226K.
- New Responsibilities: As a Level 4 software engineer, you will take on even more challenging projects and play a crucial role in driving the company's technological advancements. You will be able to lead teams, make important decisions, and contribute to the organization's overall growth.
4. Level 4 to Level 5
- Salary Increase: The promotion to Level 5 comes with a significant salary increase. Software engineers at this level earn a base salary of $271K.
- New Responsibilities: As a Level 5 software engineer, you will take charge of leading software development teams, providing technical guidance, coordinating project execution, and driving innovation in the financial technology space.
In addition, the promotions also come with several benefits and perks, such as increased stock options and performance-related bonuses.
As you progress through the levels at Two Sigma, your compensation, and responsibilities will continue to grow, reflecting your contributions and expertise within the organization.
Would you like a 4 day work week?
Two Sigma Salary Variation by Location
Regarding Software Engineer salaries, the compensation can vary depending on the location.
According to Interview Query data, here is a breakdown of how salaries differ across different locations:
|Location||Average Base Salary|
|San Francisco, CA||$190K|
|New York, NY||$182K|
However, these are general observations and salary figures may vary. It is important to consider factors such as the specific level of the Software Engineer, years of experience, and the overall benefits package offered by Two Sigma when assessing salary ranges in different locations.
Important Benefits Offered by Two Sigma
According to level.fyi, Two Sigma offers a range of benefits to its employees.
- Health Insurance: Two Sigma offers comprehensive health insurance coverage to its employees. This benefit ensures that employees have access to quality healthcare services and can take care of their well-being.
- Life Insurance: The company provides life insurance coverage to its employees, offering financial protection to their loved ones in the unfortunate event of their passing.
- Dental Insurance: Two Sigma recognizes the importance of dental health and provides dental insurance to its employees. This benefit helps cover the cost of dental treatments and ensures good oral health for employees.
- Free Snacks: Two Sigma understands the importance of employee satisfaction and provides free snacks to keep employees fueled and energized throughout the day.
- Gym On-Site: The company offers an on-site gym, allowing employees to conveniently prioritize their fitness and well-being. Access to on-site fitness facilities promotes a healthy lifestyle and work-life balance.
- Vision Insurance: Two Sigma provides vision insurance to its employees, ensuring access to regular eye exams and affordable eyewear.
- Mega Backdoor Roth IRA: Two Sigma offers the Mega Backdoor Roth IRA benefit, which enables employees to save additional money for retirement through after-tax contributions.
- Tuition Reimbursement: The company supports employees' continuous growth and development by offering tuition reimbursement for one class or term. This benefit encourages employees to pursue further education and enhance their skills.
- Roth 401k: Two Sigma provides the Roth 401k benefit, allowing employees to contribute to their retirement savings after-tax. This benefit offers flexibility and potential tax advantages in the long run.
- Transport Allowance: Two Sigma offers a transport allowance to assist employees with commuting expenses. This benefit helps alleviate the financial burden of transportation costs.
- 401k Matching: The company provides a generous 401k matching program, matching 100% of an employee's contributions up to $5,000. This benefit helps employees save for retirement more effectively.
- Sick Time: Two Sigma offers unlimited sick time, ensuring employees can take time off when unwell without worrying about exhausting their paid time off.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance: The company provides AD&D insurance, offering additional financial protection in the event of accidental death or severe injury.
- Free Drinks: Two Sigma provides free drinks to its employees as a perk, ensuring they have access to refreshments and stay hydrated throughout the workday.
- Gym/Wellness Reimbursement: The company offers a gym/wellness reimbursement program, which allows employees to claim expenses related to fitness activities, gym memberships, or wellness programs.
- Maternity Leave: Two Sigma recognizes the importance of supporting employees during significant life events and offers 16 weeks of maternity leave, allowing new parents to bond with their newborns.
- On-Site Fitness Classes: The company provides on-site fitness classes, giving employees convenient access to exercise programs and promoting a healthy work environment.
- PTO (Vacation/Personal Days): Two Sigma offers 20 days of paid time off, allowing employees to take well-deserved breaks, go on vacations, and prioritize work-life balance.
- Disability Insurance: The company provides disability insurance coverage, offering financial protection if an employee cannot work due to a disability.
- Employee Assistance Program: Two Sigma offers an employee assistance program, providing confidential counseling and support services to help employees manage personal and work-related challenges.
All the benefits mentioned above indicate Two Sigma's commitment to the well-being and satisfaction of its employees.
Working Culture at Two Sigma: A Balanced Approach
According to data from Comparably, Two Sigma is known for its positive working culture and emphasis on work-life balance. Employees at Two Sigma have rated the company positively for its supportive and inclusive environment.
Here is a breakdown of the work-life balance ratings at Two Sigma compared to the industry average:
|Category||Two Sigma Rating||Industry Average Rating|
|Compensation & Benefits||4.4/5||3.8/5|
|Perks & Benefits||4.5/5||3.7/5|
The high ratings for work-life balance at Two Sigma indicate that employees feel supported and have a healthy work-life integration. This positive culture contributes to employees' overall satisfaction and appreciation for the compensation and benefits provided.
Moreover, by prioritizing work-life balance, Two Sigma recognizes the importance of employee well-being and understands that healthy work-life integration leads to greater productivity and job satisfaction.
Salary Comparison: Two Sigma vs Citadel
When it comes to the salary of a software engineer, it's important to compare different companies to understand the compensation landscape better.
To provide an accurate comparison, let's take a look at the salary data for software engineers at both companies:
Two Sigma Software Engineer Salaries
Citadel Software Engineer Salaries
Source: Interview Query
Comparing the salary data available for Two Sigma and Citadel, it's clear that both companies offer attractive compensation packages for software engineers.
However, it's important to remember that salary is just one aspect of the overall compensation package. Other factors such as benefits, work-life balance, career growth opportunities, and company culture should also be considered when evaluating job opportunities.
Q. How much do Software Engineers make at Two Sigma?
The salary for Software Engineers positions at Two Sigma varies depending on the level and experience of the candidate. According to the data, the salary range starts at $265K for entry-level positions (L1) and can go up to $592K for higher-level positions (L5).
Q. What is the average salary at Two Sigma?
The provided data does not mention the average salary at Two Sigma. However, based on the available salary information, the average salary at Two Sigma is around $335,000.
Q. What is the highest salary for Software Engineer at Two Sigma?
The highest salary offered as a Software Engineer at Two Sigma is $592,000 for level L5 positions. This includes a base salary, stock, and bonus component.
Q. What are the most common skills required as a Software Engineer at Two Sigma?
The most common skills required as a Software Engineer at Two Sigma include proficiency in software development, quantitative modeling, data science, and technology. These skills are essential for roles that involve investment management and financial services.
Q. How much does an entry-level Software Engineer make at Two Sigma?
An entry-level Software Engineer at Two Sigma, or level L1, can expect to earn a total compensation of $265,000. This includes a base salary of $169,000, stock benefits of $4,000 per year, and a bonus of $92,000.
Two Sigma offers competitive salaries and a range of benefits to its software engineers. Moreover, with a focus on investment management, technology, and data science, Two Sigma provides a dynamic and innovative work environment for professionals in these fields.
So, if you're a software engineer seeking a company that values these aspects and offers a fulfilling career, Two Sigma is an excellent choice.
Take the next step in your career by exploring the software engineers' current job openings, including positions at 4 Day Week.