SAP Software Engineer Salaries: A Detailed Guide
Explore detailed SAP Software Engineer salary breakdown, benefits & work-life balance! Discover how much you could earn at SAP. Click now!
5 min read
21 Aug, 2023
SAP is one of the leading giants in the tech industry, known for its cutting-edge software solutions that power businesses worldwide.
Behind the innovation and success of SAP lies a dedicated team of software engineers whose contributions are invaluable and highly rewarding.
Join us as we delve into the world of SAP software engineers to uncover the salary insights and benefits that come with this prestigious profession.
SAP Software Engineer Salaries by Level
The salary levels for a SAP Software Engineer vary depending on the level. We have four main levels:
|Level||Level name||Total||Base||Stock (/yr)||Bonus|
T1: Associate Developer
The Associate Developer is the entry-level position for the SAP Software Engineer. The average total compensation for this level is $63K, including a base salary of $59K, stock options valued at $3K per year, and a bonus of $1K.
The second level, the Developer, earns a higher total compensation of $74K. This includes a base salary of $68K, stock options worth $3K per year, and a $2K bonus.
T3: Senior Developer
A Senior Developer at SAP typically earns a total compensation of $89K. This includes a base salary of $77K, $6K worth of stock options yearly, and a bonus of $5K.
T4: Development Expert
The highest level, Development Expert, earns a total compensation of $116K. This includes a base salary of $98K, yearly stock options valued at $11K, and a generous bonus of $8K.
Would you like a 4 day work week?
SAP Software Engineer Career Path and Salary Progression
- From Associate Developer to Developer: Enjoy a significant salary bump from $63K to $74K. You'll tackle more complex problems and gain increased independence in managing your tasks.
- From Developer to Senior Developer: Experience a marked pay increase to $89K. You'll be expected to handle high-impact projects and mentor junior engineers.
- From Senior Developer to Development Expert: Reach the top-tier with a substantial salary increase to $116K. At this stage, you're shaping the technical direction of projects, leading teams, and driving innovation.
Salary Variation by Location
In IT, especially for SAP Software Engineers, salaries can differ significantly based on location. Here's a quick overview:
|Location||Average Base Salary|
|Miami-Ft. Lauderdale Area||$145K|
|Minneapolis-St. Paul Area||$137K|
|Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers Area, AR||$137K|
|San Francisco, CA||$136K|
Source: Interview Query
Top 10 Outstanding Benefits at SAP
The comprehensive benefits package at SAP aims to enhance the overall well-being of its employees. Here are the top 10:
- Free Lunch and Breakfast - Provided five days a week to keep your energy up.
- Generous PTO - 20 vacation/personal days to recharge and relax.
- 401k Match - SAP matches 75% of the first 6% of your base salary, helping secure your financial future.
- AD&D Insurance - This covers your yearly compensation with a bonus.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) - SAP contributes $500 per year to your HSA.
- Transport Allowance - This helps to alleviate commuting costs.
- Donation Match - SAP matches 100% of your donations up to $750.
- Sick Time - 14 days of sick leave to ensure you can recover safely.
- Remote Work Option - Provides the flexibility to balance work and life.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) allows you to share in the company's success.
A Peek into SAP's Work Culture
Regarding job satisfaction, the work culture plays a pivotal role. Let's delve into SAP's work culture using data from Comparably.
|Department||Work Life Balance||Happiness||Culture Score|
The atmosphere across different departments varies. The Design department stands out with an excellent work-life balance score of A+; however, the happiness and culture scores could be enhanced.
On the other hand, the Operations department shines across all parameters with high scores, closely followed by the Engineering department. While Sales boast increased happiness and culture scores, work-life balance seems to be a point of concern.
It's worth noting that even though some departments might require improvements, SAP is known for its commitment to fostering equality, innovation, and efficiency.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How much do SAP Software Engineers make at SAP?
SAP Software Engineers earn salaries that range from $63k as an Associate Developer to $116k as a Development Expert.
Q. What is the average salary at SAP?
The average salary at SAP for a software engineer ranges from $63K for an Associate Developer to $116K for a Development Expert, making the average wage approximately $85K.
Q. What is the highest salary offered as a SAP Software Engineer at SAP?
The highest salary offered to a SAP Software Engineer at SAP is $116K for a Development Expert. This remuneration includes base salary, stock per year, and a bonus.
Q. What are the most common skills required as a SAP Software Engineer at SAP?
As a SAP Software Engineer, the most common skills required include expertise in ERP, financials, business intelligence, procurement, HCM, SCM, business planning, efficiency, sustainability, innovation, analytics, and reporting/dashboarding.
Q. How much does an entry-level SAP Software Engineer make at SAP?
An entry-level SAP Software Engineer, designated as an Associate Developer, makes $63K at SAP. This compensation includes a base salary, stock per year, and a bonus.
A career as an SAP Software Engineer offers financial rewards and a host of benefits that promote work-life balance. This generous compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to equality, innovation, and efficiency.
If you're seeking a rewarding career in software engineering, visit** 4 Day Week**. Explore our current job openings to find the perfect position for your skills, or visit our career advice section for expert insights and tips to excel in your career.