Who are we
We are bringing our collective experience together to build the digital backbone of a construction organisation, app by app.
- We understand: As construction people, we’ve experienced all the problems that people face on chaotic projects.
- We’re pragmatic: We’ve seen crappy tools making people’s lives harder. Our tools are built for you.
- We are digital pioneers: We are leading the way in the digitisation of a very under-served industry.
We'e a team of 60 (including 12 software developers) who are disrupting the construction industry. We are mostly based in the UK and Portugal but work completely remotely.
Values and culture
We think that a perfect organisation must:
- Connect. A place that encourages the development of meaningful relationships.
- Inspire. Where people develop themselves to become better humans
- Empower. Provides the freedom and the challenge to choose your own learning adventure.
We pride ourselves on being a forward thinking company who puts life before work. Specifically, we:
- Have a 4 day work week (32hrs)
- Are very flexible with working hours
- Have a diverse team
- Have a flat organization
- Encourage personal development
- Are great for parents (generous maternal & paternal leave)
What you'll be working on
As an engineer at Shape you can expect to:
- Work on a greenfield project
- Write code in Ruby & React
- Have an amazing work-life balance
- Work in a pair programming model
- Deploy using continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Work on cloud infrastructure
- Socialise outside of work hours