64 Million Artists
We believe everyone is creative, and when we use our creativity we can make positive change in our lives and the world around us. .
Who we are
At 64 Million Artists we believe that everyone is creative, and that when we use our creativity we can make change in our lives and the world around us. We aim to be a catalyst for the creativity of everyone in the UK.
Founded in 2014 by Jo Hunter and David Micklem, we’ve worked across schools, universities, whole cities, workplaces, cultural institutions, health and with government to experiment with ways to get people back in touch with their innate creativity. We run programmes for individuals and communities, design and deliver bespoke solutions for clients and also work on national partnering initiatives to use creativity to make change.
What we do
- Challenge programmes & resources: We run free, UK-wide programmes like #thejanuarychallenge to kickstart the creativity and wellbeing of everybody
- Training and development: We’ve helped all sorts of organisations promote wellbeing, innovation and employee and community engagement.
- Co-creation: With our partners, we co-create programmes for positive change by activating everyone’s creativity
- Policy and research: We have contributed to national policy in the area and are included in a range of broader research publications from organisations such as Baring Foundation, Arts Culture Health and Wellbeing Alliance and the Centre for Cultural Value.
We are bold. We experiment. We find ways to make a safe space for people to take risks and challenge themselves. We try stuff out, and believe in just doing it. By doing this we open doors for others to do it too.
Fun and Joy
We are wholehearted. We have a sense of playfulness in what we do and how we work. We enjoy connecting people to each other and the environment they are in. We love what we do, and the impact we can have, and relish bringing joy with us.
We are stronger together, and enjoy working in partnership, increasing the agency and impact we can have. Our community celebrates equality and inclusion, acknowledges barriers to access and actively works to include all, regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or religion. We enjoy enabling a sense of belonging and community for others.
We are creative at our core. We believe in adventurous curiosity, trying new things, exploring and expressing. We ensure this runs through all we do, and how we operate as individuals and as a company, and how we work with others.
Be who you are
We give ourselves and others the permission and freedom to be who we are. We help people to be the best of themselves. We recognise we are not experts, and have an appetite to always be learning.
We believe big change is possible, and are ambitious in what we do. We believe the potential for making a positive, transformational difference is in all of us, and work to champion change across a range of scales, from individual shifts to national policy.
- 4 day work week (32hrs), every Friday is off!
- 100% remote working
- Flexible working hours
- And much more