Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
Up to £25,000 PA
8.5 hours (including 1 hour lunch) between 7am and 7pm, 4 days per week
30 days annual leave (inc Bank Holidays, Christmas, New Year and your birthday off)
Dedicated training budget to further develop your skills and knowledge
Annual bonus based on personal and company performance
Contributory pension scheme
We are Marketing Signals, and we know digital marketing. We live and breathe digital marketing strategies, delivering search engine marketing that consistently generates results for businesses and some of the world’s most recognizable brands.
We are looking for an experienced digital search marketing / SEO executive to support the Digital Marketing Director & Senior SEO Executive, and manage some of our clients’ search engine optimisation activities.
The SEO team works flexible hours, and the role itself is 100% location independent, allowing you to live anywhere in the world. Be it the beaches in Miami or in a mountain resort in the Swiss Alps – the choice is yours.
This is a huge opportunity for you to help implement and manage SEO campaigns and related activities (such as technical analysis and content strategy) for a variety of top brands and work with an award-winning agency that, over the last couple of years, has seen explosive growth.
Are you ready to get started?
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, then read on to learn more about our company and how to apply for the position.
What is the Digital Marketing Executive role?
You will need to be able to conduct keyword research, conduct on-site and off-site SEO competitor analysis and audits for client sites.
You will be a key part of the SEO operations teams and your output will have a direct impact on the performance of the SEO campaigns we are running.
Whilst you will have full support of the senior leadership team and colleagues across the business, we expect a solid work ethic and the ability to spot what needs doing and to get the work completed, measured and managed whilst communicating to your colleagues and clients the what and why.
In addition you will complete weekly and monthly performance reports and occasionally present the findings on a call or face to face meeting.
We offer SEM, so clients may have requirements that are cross departmental. Therefore you will need to communicate across departments to ensure the project objectives are being met, or extract reporting data to support future SEO campaigns.
What skills and experience are needed?
- 1+ years experience in a similar role, ideally in an agency although we would consider applications from inhouse
- Demonstrable examples of your successes, both individually and as part of a team
- Understanding of all aspects of on-site and off-site SEO and will likely have a few side projects of your own to continue your learning and earning.
- Some knowledge of Paid Media is desirable.
- Know your way around the basics of WordPress, Shopify and ideally BigCommerce CMS.
- Know what makes a good or bad link and understand how to manage risk within a link profile.
- Experience using Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics & Google Looker Studio
- Experience using 3rd party SEO software suites – SEMrush, Majestic, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog etc
- Familiarity with other aspects of digital marketing and how they can compliment and cannibalise SEO
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Proficient with Microsoft office and Google workspace
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organised
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Creative ideation
What’s the culture like?
Our company is built on a culture of living life on your terms. Being a location-independent full-time position is one of the many benefits! You’ll be free to work anywhere in the world that serves your creativity best. The choice is yours.
We aren’t going to chain you to a cubicle. We’re not a FTSE 100 company and you won’t be some badge number in the corporate machine. We will want your input and insight.
A flexible work day of 7 hours, however, due to the nature of the role, your hours would still need to coincide with the UK. So the core hours would need to be between 7am and 7pm UK.
When you first start off, you will be training with our Digital Marketing Director for the first week. This is to show you the ropes, and introduce you to your colleagues and relevant stakeholders.
Probation is 6 months, and after this time you will be introduced to our bonus scheme, which is based on individual and company performance.
In this industry it’s important to stay up to date with any changes, so personal development is very important to us. So if you have a passion for all things digital and are willing to enhance your own knowledge by keeping up with the latest industry developments, we have a dedicated training budget to help supplement that further.
Our company also holds annual meetups (a-la Christmas party) where we gather in a fun location and celebrate a year’s hard work together.
Through open, forthright and transparent collaboration – treat everyone with respect and courtesy
On the brief, client needs and success – Client satisfaction is your highest aim
To create, work and breathe – Let originality be your motivator
By data, results and each other – Be better everyday
To earn trust, develop and innovate – You can achieve more
We take huge pride in the work that we do and expect you to do the same.
Sounds great, how do I apply?
Here is the sequence of events we use when hiring our new Digital Marketing Executive:
- Send an updated CV to [email protected]
- This will be reviewed for suitability
- If you meet the requirements, we will then schedule an initial chat to go over some screening questions
- You will be given a task to complete
- We will review your task
- Second interviews will be done and a final decision made
- The chosen applicant will then be announced with a job offer and start date