Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in London, UK ⚠️
Reports to: Director of Research
Job purpose: To manage all of Autonomy's social media channels so as to optimise the organisation's reach and efficacy.
Location: Flexible remote working but preference for London-based. Some office work required.
Autonomy has a clear and ambitious mission: to provide the research and tools for the future we need. Over the past six years, we have grown to be the most impactful research organisations in the UK. Your role is to manage how we communicate our work and engage our online audiences.
We are interested in candidates with a wide range of professional backgrounds including those with corporate experience, backgrounds in startups / young organisations, or backgrounds in data science.
- Motivated, highly-organised team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of multiple projects, generating social media content and devising a robust strategy
- Previous work in relevant industries and/or organisations
- Salary: £30,000 FTE
- Hours: Full-time (32 hours, 4 days per week)
- Contract length: 12 months (3 month probation period)
Engagement / Audience building / Communicating core messages
- Boost findings, messages and achievements through social media networks
- Build audience and network of connections and collaborators
- Manage Autonomy and Feminist Futures Programme accounts
- Experience in managing social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Ability to work quickly, occasionally to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience working in marketing, a start-up environment or similar environments.
- Previous project management experience.
- Knowledge of social media techniques and tactics.
We are an independent think tank producing innovative research, tech, and policy proposals related to the future of work, climate, and welfare.
- Four-day weeks (paid as five-day salary)
- 7 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Regular team lunches and social events
- Hybrid working for some of the week
- Annual training & development budget
Send a CV (no more than 2 pages) and 1-page statement of interest to [email protected] by November 18th at midnight featuring the following:
- Your previous online social media campaigns.
- The strategy, tactics, and metrics by which you judged success.
Interviews: Last two weeks of November / early December. Start Date: January 2024.
If you have any questions about the role, email [email protected].
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone.
How to apply
Our application process is quite straightforward. Just send a CV (no more than 2 pages) and 1 page statement of interes by the deadline. Application deadline: November 18th at midnight.
Interviews: Interviews will be held in the last two weeks of November / early December, looking to have the successful candidate in place for a January 2024 start.
Presentation: Should you be selected for an interview, we’d like you to prepare a 15 minute presentation on:
- Your previous online social media campaigns
- or similar work - that you’ve done on these platforms.
- We want you to note what demonstrable success you’ve had and we want to understand:
- the strategy,
- the tactics
- the metrics by which you judged success
- whether that be audience engagement / growth or wider impacts that you think are relevant.