Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Brazil ⚠️
The Social Element
Hello! We are a leading global independent full service social media agency, founded 21 years ago. Our 260+ team members look after some of the world’s largest brands (Visa, Nissan, Dr Pepper). We pride ourselves on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients enabling us to be the voice of their brand on Social.
We are currently looking for a freelance PHP Developer. The successful candidate will have a profound understanding of building user-centric applications using Laravel, with a firm grasp on Test-Driven Development (TDD) methodologies. Your primary focus will be on developing and enhancing our internal web applications, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
What you’ll do 📅
- Develop, record and maintain our internal web-based Laravel applications.
- Employ strong TDD practices to ensure robust, tested, maintainable code.
- Utilise Livewire and Tailwind CSS to craft intuitive user interfaces.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
Working Hours 🕒
6 hours per week (in 2 hour shifts or 3 hour shifts) - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm GMT initially, with the possibility of additional on call cover and extra hours.
- Proven software development experience in PHP and Laravel
- Proficient in Vue.js, Livewire, CSS, and SQL databases
- Proficient in integration with external APIs
- Strong knowledge of TDD and experience with PHP testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with SQL database and its declarative query language
- Utilise the Livewire framework and Tailwind CSS to build our UIs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Nice to have
- Previous experience with a low-code development platform such as Zoho Creator, Quickbase, Microsoft Power Apps, etc
- Knowledge of some AWS services such as RDS, EC2, Beanstalk
- Experience of implementing and managing websites using WordPress including optimisation of page speeds
IT Policy 💻
We operate a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Policy which means to carry out this work, your PC will need to meet the following requirements:
- Operating system Windows 10 64bits or higher / MAC OS X version 10.15 (Catalina) or higher. We do not support Windows 8 or older / MacOS Mojave or older.
- i5 7th generation or faster 64-bit (x64) processor
- At least 8GB RAM Internet speed is 10Mbps download / 1Mbps upload (40Mbps download / 2Mbps upload is recommended)
- 40 GB available HDD (SSD is recommended)
- A Webcam and headset (used for internal purposes)
- Android or iOS device for 2FA
- Chromebook & Linux not compatible
Please Note: It is essential to have all IT requirements to qualify for the process and IT policy.
HIRING PROCESS 🔍
All our interviews and/or assessments are done remotely via Google Meet. This is our standard process but may vary slightly depending on the role.
📋 Online Assessment (5 mins)
⚙️ Capabilities and Culture Interview (44 mins - 1 hour)
📨 Final Decision
The Social Element values
Work according to the company values
Do it Well 💪
Be One Team 🧑🤝🧑
Do the Right Thing ✔️
Keep Pioneering 💡
Make Them Smile 😃
Our Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Commitment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Our recruitment process is fair, transparent and based on merit, skill and experience related to the role. We welcome applications from diverse and under-represented groups regardless of their background.
We value having divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at The Social Element. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please if you think you have what it takes, we encourage you to still apply — we’d love to hear from you! 🙂
How to apply:
If all this sounds like you, simply upload your CV and a cover letter (or a link to your cover letter video if you prefer). *Make sure to include the following details in your cover letter/video, or we won’t be able to process your application:
- Details of your professional experience as a Laravel Developer
- Details of what valuable skills, knowledge and/or experience you can bring