Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Nottingham, UK ⚠️
Impression is a multi-award winning, high growth digital marketing agency based in Nottingham, London and Manchester.
Everything we do is underpinned by awesome people, collaborating in an industry-leading creative and inclusive environment.
Our agency wouldn’t be what it is today without our incredible people. Our diverse team encompasses expertise across the digital landscape which enables us to accelerate change and results, driving business growth faster. Our collaborative, creative and inclusive culture helps build our reputation as a leading digital employer and we are committed to nurturing and developing people to their full potential.
Recognising that we are a part of something much bigger, we’re on a mission to use business as a force for good. We’re actively committed to creating a positive impact for our people, planet and community.
We’re looking for an Growth Director to help further our growth.
The Growth Director's role is a pivotal position within Impression’s Commercial Team. Reporting directly to the Head of Growth, you will be responsible for driving the growth of the agency through prospecting, nurturing and winning high-value and highly complex opportunities for the business.
The Growth Director will work alongside the Head of Growth to manage and improve the performance of the Growth Team within Impression, and the agency's new business performance as a result. The Growth Team works with new business opportunities, aiming to convert these opportunities into new contracts. The Growth Director will own multiple new opportunities at once as well as supporting the Head of Growth, Digital Growth Specialists and Digital Growth Managers/Executives with the opportunities that they own.
You will have proven track record of creating and winning new business opportunities, hitting annual targets an managing the biggest opportunities that the company pitches for. You have 5+ years of experience in agency sales and you have pitched for opportunities with annual contact values of £200k or higher. You have delivered against annual individual billable targets of £1m+.
- Continuously help build a comprehensive prospecting list and ensure Impression’s CRM system is used to its full capability
- Feed key information to Impression’s Marketing function to ensure the agency can produce content that resonates with our target prospects
- Be a go-to expert in the agency for questions on all of these systems
- Support the Head of Growth and Commercial Director on monthly reporting actions and be able to confidently report on your own and their teams performance
- Champion key tools and software such as email automation, prospecting tools and Impression’s CRM to ensure your resource is well utilised
- Maintain a deep understanding of Impression’s target audience personas and work with Marketing to expand our target list of prospects to nurture each month
- Own and achieve your sales target each year through a combination of inbound and outbound opportunities
- Line manage other members of the Impression Growth Team and champion their personal development, helping them hit their sales targets in the process
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Impression’s key competitors and their value proposition
- Work with your department and the wider agency to ensure Impression has a compelling value proposition against key competitors and demonstrate continued success through winning competitive pitches
- Extensive experience in both running and winning high-complexity, multi-channel enterprise-level opportunities. Working with internal and external stakeholders to perfect the pitch process and achieve an industry-leading conversion rate for the opportunities you manage
- Expert in negotiating commercial contracts and ensuring that Impression can achieve it’s growth targets whilst retaining the strength of its contractual position
- Support the Head of Growth in implementing some new initiatives and process improvements within the Growth Team and across the agency
- Manage the development of multiple people within the Growth Team, across varying degrees of seniority
- Set, monitor and help them to achieve their OKRs
- Work with them to identify areas for improvement in their own work
- Work with them to identify areas for process improvement within the team and across the agency
- Be accountable for your own performance as well as the performance of direct reports when measured against commercial targets (revenue)
- Be accountable for the performance of direct reports when measured against non-commercial targets (pitch close rate, opportunity value pitched etc)
- Work with the Head of Growth to identify areas for improvement and ideate the changes to internal processes that will bring about these improvements. Work with other department Leads/HoDs to implement process improvements that help the business to achieve its objectives
- Be considered a true champion of all relevant internal systems and New Business processes, covering everything from accounting and CRM software to briefing sheets, decks, onboarding material etc. Be a go-to expert in the agency for questions on all of these systems
- Deliver training on various aspects of the Commercial function of the agency to members of the commercial team and the wider agency where required
- Have the ability to regularly deliver training to the rest of the agency on our approach to new business, pitching and devising strategies for prospective clients
- Support Impression’s marketing function on devising, implementing and capitalising on the outputs from marketing activations, such as events and whitepapers
- Ability to confidently speak and build relationships with all levels of stakeholder, from CMOs and CEOs through to junior support staff
- Can understand the most complex of briefs and can ask the right questions to help interrogate the brief in order to pull out the most valuable insights to help educate our proposal
- Competently discuss all of Impression’s service offerings, understanding when and how each offering can help solve the clients issues
- Able to use first party (GA, Ads) and third party (SEMrush, Searchmetrics etc) data sets to understand a client historical and current position in the market and identify opportunities for growth in said market
- Provide the highest level of service and the best customer experience in all pitch processes that you manage, ensuring every client is wowed by their experience with us during pitch processes
- Demonstrate commercial astuteness when discussing clients businesses and business conditions, showing that you acutely understand their business model
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of Impression’s commercial interests when navigating and negotiating contractual discussions with prospective clients
- Have a complete knowledge of the new client onboarding process, able to complete this fully unassisted and provide training to empower other more junior members of the team to be able to do the same
- Is an expert project manager who is both reliable and able to deliver an expert sales experience to each prospect whilst managing multiple complex opportunities simultaneously
SALARY: From £47,000+OTE pa (plus £6k London weighting for those that live in the Greater London area)
What makes us different
We are proud to be listed on the “Flexa 100” Most Flexible Companies to work for and to be officially recognised as a Great Place to Work®. Alongside our amazing culture, here's what else makes us standout as a great employer:
- Competitive salary – verified by an external salary benchmarking company From £47,000+OTE pa (plus £6k London weighting for those that live in the Greater London area)
- Flexible, hybrid working options - as per ways of working charter
- 4.5 day working week
- Private medical insurance with access to EAP
- Impression funded specialist therapy sessions, up to 6 sessions where Impression funds 50% of the cost
- Enhanced sick pay - eight weeks full pay, eight weeks half pay in a twelve month period
- Access to HelloSelf, a virtual therapy platform
- Enhanced parental leave
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holiday
- Life leave – when something unexpected happens in your life and you need some paid leave
- Pregnancy loss and parental bereavement leave
- Compassionate leave
- Eye-care vouchers
- Opportunity to save on and spread the cost of new tech through Techscheme
- Travel to work scheme
- Railcard salary sacrifice scheme
- Budget for books, tools and software
- A full social calendar with a budget per person and 1 social event per month
- Summer and Christmas party (off-site)
- Chance to attend national and international conferences
- Top Apple equipment to use at work
- Savings on bikes and accessories through Cyclescheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- The usual agency stuff – office dogs, drinks fridge, ping pong and foosball, tea and coffee and office snacks
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We're listening and we're learning.
We’re committed to embracing diversity and promoting equal opportunities, both within our teams and through the services we provide. But we know we still have work to do. Improving fairness – in our agency and our industry – is something we’re passionate about, and we’re committed to having the conversations, making the changes and helping other businesses to do the same.
We pledge to promote equal opportunities and, as per the Equality Act 2010, will not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of: gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, caring responsibilities or beliefs. We’ll also make every effort to represent different genders, ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds and sexualities at the events, panels and discussions we run.
Strictly no recruitment agencies