German Power Market Trader
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, 4 days @ 80% salary and compressed hours. Don't let anything stop you from applying.
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in London, UK ⚠️
We are a people-powered energy company built on strong relationships and two decades of trading expertise and are now looking to expand our trading activities into gas and power markets in Continental Europe, starting with the German power market.
You will be responsible for managing our expansion into German power trading activities.
Your focus will be to maximise P&L through taking speculative positions in the market as well as managing the company’s fixed price risk and ensuring the wider business has the necessary route to market.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Generate P&L through speculative trading within limits;
- Ultimately responsible for managing German power market positions;
- Maintaining relationships with counterparties, brokers, and other industry participants;
What skills/experience do I need to be successful?
- Experience of Gas and Power trading in the German market gained through a front office position at a utility, trading house, bank, or similar institution. Ideally with experience of setting up new products and markets;
- Experience of analysing market data and trends to develop new commercial strategies;
- Handles pressure with measured but decisive action
What else do we offer?
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and 10% non-contributory pension from month three;
What does hybrid working mean to us?
Hybrid working typically means 2 days in the office location listed on this advert and 3 days working at home each week. Some occasional travel to our other offices may be required.
What happens next?
Once we receive your CV it will be reviewed by a human– no bots here!
The average process once we receive your application takes around 2-3 weeks with typically 2 stages of video interviews using Teams – however this can change depending on the role (we may invite you to see us face to face or just need 1 video interview).
If you need any support you can see who to contact in our Recruitment Team on the advert – any questions please just let us know .
Get to know us better....
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2024 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.