Yelp connects people with great local businesses
Who we are
We connect people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 155 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more.
These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Our values are the guiding force for the many experiences that are created at Yelp, they're not just a poster on a wall. They provide the framework for making decisions like who we hire, who we promote, and how we get things done.
- Be Tenacious: Battle smart and fight 'til the end. Live for the underdog moments. Turn mistakes into opportunities to learn.
- Play well with others: Treat others with respect. Value diversity in viewpoints. Bring a positive attitude to the table.
- Be unboring: Never settle for standard. Creativity over conformity. Be your remarkable self.
- Protect the source: Community and consumers come first. If we don't maintain consumer trust, we won't have anything to offer local businesses.
- Authenticity: Tell the truth. Be straightforward and over-communicate.
We are an international company with offices in Canada, Germany, the UK and the USA.
We are also open to remote working and have quarterly company off-sites.
We know that keeping you healthy and wise translates to an overall better work experience.
Whether it's world-class health benefits, support for your family, or a wellness reimbursement, we believe happy employees are successful employees.
- Openness to a 4 day week (80% salary)
- Remote working
- Full responsibility for projects from day one
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme
- Optional employee stock purchase plan
- Generous vacation policy (up to 29 days, dependant on location)
- £150 monthly remote working stipent
- £75 caregiver reimbursement
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- Quarterly team offsites.