Run for Something
Run for Something recruits and supports talented, passionate young people who will advocate for progressive values now and for the next 30 years.
Who we are
Run for Something recruits and supports young, diverse progressives running for local office in the United States. SSince launching in 2017, Run for Something has recruited over 135,000 young people who want to run for office, endorsed over 3,000 candidates and won over 1,000 elections.
Over half of those endorsed candidates are women, more than half are BIPOC, and over a quarter are members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Win or lose, our alumni have meaningfully and intentionally made life better for millions of Americans across the country.
Working at Run for Something
Working for Run for Something means that no matter what your role, your work ultimately supports an incredible group of young, diverse, progressive candidates who are working to make meaningful, lasting change in their communities. Get to know them on our website or in our podcast.
Our benefits include:
- Four Day Work Week (employees work 32hrs, Monday-Thursday)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 100% remote working
- Platinum Medical Insurance (100% of premium covered for employees; 50% of premium covered for dependents)
- Dental and Vision Insurance (99.9% of premium covered for both employees and dependents)
- Transparent salaries (more info)
- Flexible working hours (more info)
- 12 weeks paid family leave
- Paid Sabbatical (after 3 years of service to RFS)
- Professional Development Stipend
- Equipment & work from Home Stipend
- Cell Phone/Internet Stipend
- Treat Yourself Stipend ($500 a year to do something that brings you joy)
- Over four weeks of organization-wide holiday closures, including a two-week winter break
- Employee Assistance Program