Bringing creative projects to life.
Who we are
We help artists, musicians, filmmakers, designers, and other creators find the resources and support they need to make their ideas a reality. To date, tens of thousands of creative projects — big and small — have come to life with the support of the Kickstarter community.
We believe that art and creative expression are essential to a healthy and vibrant society. If you do too, we can’t wait to hear from you.
We're an independent company of about 69 people working together, many of us in an old pencil factory in New York City.
We spend our time designing and building Kickstarter, forging community around creative projects, and supporting the creative ecosystem around us. We’re developers, designers, support specialists, writers, musicians, painters, poets, gamers, robot-builders—you name it.
Over the years, our team has backed more than 50,000 projects (and launched plenty of our own).
How we work
We have a fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues.
We’re currently able to support employees based in the following US locations: CA, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA. We're also able to support employees in the United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia).
At Kickstarter we value work-life balance, it's in our DNA; that's why in April 2022 we launched our 4 day work week pilot. We’ve had fairly flexible hours for a long time but now we've expanded this concept to a 32-hour work week.
Our benefits include:
- A 4 day way work week (32 hours)
- Asynchronous work practices
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- A three percent safe harbor 401K contribution
- World-class healthcare coverage
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 annual paid volunteer hours
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources