Hutch is a mobile video game developer/publisher. Our recent games include Rebel Racing, F1® Clash and Top Drives.
Who we are
We’re Hutch Games, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Ensuring that Hutch is an amazing place to work is really important to us. And we were super proud to receive a Best Place to Work award from gamesindustry.biz in 2020 and 2021, which took into account our working practices and benefits.
We're the team behind:
- Rebel Racing
- F1 Clash
- Top Drives
- Race Off
- MMX Racing
- Bandits Racing
- Smash Cops
- And more
Our recruitment process
We try to make the process at Hutch as lean as possible, whilst still allowing you to meet as many people as you can. We’re really conscious that in normal circumstances you would visit the studio, have a coffee and a chat, so we try and replicate these moments as well as we can remotely.
Once we’ve received your application, if we think you’d potentially be a good fit for the role, the next steps in the process will be:
Initial call with someone from the recruitment team – We’ll tell you more about Hutch and the role, and gather more information about your skills and experience. We can also cover working practices, benefits and anything you’d like to know!
- First interview - This is a call with the hiring manager – usually this person will also be your prospective manager, so it’s a great chance to get to know them a little better. This interview will be a deeper dive into your background and the role.
- Second interview – This usually involves 2-3 people and is the most in-depth interview. If you’re a programmer, it might include technical questions, or if you’re an artist, you might be discussing your Unity knowledge, for example.
- Final interview – This is a more informal interview with a few people in the studio. It gives you the chance to chat to some other team members or people you might be working with.
Ensuring that Hutch is an amazing place to work is really important to us. And we were super proud to receive a Best Place to Work award from gamesindustry.biz in 2020, which took into account our working practices and benefits.
- 4 Day Working Week - 6 month trial
- Mental Health coaching
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity
- Performance Bonus
- Game Jams and Personal Project Days
- Hybrid working (2 days per week in the office)