Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
Technology is at the heart of the business, and we have a world-leading Technology stack that enables us to offer the most efficient, user-friendly app-based bank. The Technology team has end to end responsibility for all aspects of our Technology, from architecting the future, engineering solutions, to deploying and managing our technology services.
Atom’s Front-End Engineering capability works at the core of the Atom Technology team and comprises Web and Mobile App Engineers (iOS & Android), who are responsible for building and maintaining Atom’s cutting-edge web and mobile app technologies.
As a Web Engineer within the Atom Frontend Engineering Practice, you’ll help deliver and maintain the Atom UI estate, consisting of applications both internal and external by harnessing cutting-edge web technologies. We provide industry leading web solutions which are performant, accessible and deliver an exceptional user experience.
You’ll be a key member of the product team, operating in a fast-paced Agile Environment whilst developing & improving our digital offering.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Service our public web applications, working directly within the Product teams to meet the day-to-day demands of the business
- Service our internal web applications, integrating directly with Atom’s core systems
- Following set team standards and best practices and applying these to your work
- Be aware of industry trends and apply these during product development
- Work closely with the design and UX teams to implement styles in line with Atom’s design system
- Collaborate with the wider engineering teams within Atom Technology when required
- Embrace a culture of engineering excellence with a focus on performance, accessibility, scalability, privacy, and security
What do we need from you?
- Knowledge of bootstrap or another component-based framework
- Experience integrating with APIs using a REST architectural style
- Knowledge of query languages such as GraphQL
- Working knowledge of best practices/standards in website development
- An understanding of secure computing standards and processes
- A broader knowledge of the software development lifecycle
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible Hybrid & Remote working
- 4-day work week
- Annual Share Option – performance-related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.