*This is a full time contractor position*
Privately owned and operated, Digible was founded in 2017 with a mission to bring sophisticated digital marketing solutions to the multifamily industry. We offer a comprehensive suite of digital services as well as a predictive analytics platform, Fiona, that is the first of its kind.
At Digible, Inc. we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We pride ourselves on our collaborative, transparent, and authentic culture. These values are pervasive throughout every step of a Digible employee's journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our weekly All Hands Transparency Round-up, values are at the heart of working at Digible.
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Digible.
The Digible team is looking for a passionate web developer to plan, create, and execute website templates and sites for apartment communities in WordPress. This is a phenomenal opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to join a growing startup and develop a new product offering for the agency. We are looking for someone who will be integrated into our team and work collaboratively with the web product manager, account managers, and other designers/developers.
We are searching for a professional with the capacity to be creative and strategic in their approach. Most meaningfully, we want someone that truly fits with our culture; someone who is passionate, curious, hard-working, and reliable.
- Lead website template creation - create strong environments that are scalable and repeatable, deliver a good user experience, and successfully achieve KPIs determined by the Digible team.
- Handle subsequent website builds for apartment communities across the U.S. This includes single-family homes, student housing, and 55+ communities.
- Optimize the websites for search engines, page speed, and conversions.
- Handle transfers of websites from other hosting providers, set up staging sites, and create multisite environments
- Lead quality assurance testing and apply edits/updates as needed
- API integrations and custom plugin creation
- Handle website launches and post-launch tasks
- Customize the WordPress admin dashboard for a streamlined user experience
- Offer technical and strategic input on processes and tech stack to continuously improve our web product offerings and scale over time.
What are the challenges of the position?
- Diving into the weeds to help develop and refine our tech stack and processes
- Learning the apartment industry
- Creating environments that will easily scale for future goals and not cause technical dept
- Extensive experience in WordPress and customizing the WP tech stack (creating plugins, customizing existing plugins and themes, etc.)
- Experience optimizing websites for page speed
- Ability to follow and weigh in on internal processes
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple tasks, responsibilities, and deadlines
- Confidence in communicating with internal team members, strong written and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity working with visual builders such as Divi, Elementor, and Oxygen
- Foundational understanding and skills in UX & UI/web design
- Experience optimizing websites for SEO
- Knowledge of optimizing for accessibility
- Assist with creating websites and website templates that load in 1.5 seconds or less and Core Web Vitals average of 80+
- Assist with building 50+ websites over the course of the next year (and maintain them indefinitely)
- Lead the development of at least 1 custom plugin
Authenticity - The commitment to be steadfast and genuine with our actions and communication toward everyone we touch.
Curiosity - The belief that a deep and fundamental curiosity (the "why") in our work is vital to company innovation and evolution.
Focus - The collective will to remain completely devoted and ultimately accountable to our deliverables.
Humility - The recognition and daily practice that "we" is always greater than "I".
Happiness - The decision to prioritize passion and love for what we do above everything else.
Pay, perks and such:
- 4-Day Work Week (32 Hour Work Week)
- WFA (Work From Anywhere)
- We provide $75/ month reimbursement for Physical Wellness
- We provide $75/ month reimbursement for Mental Wellness
- $1000/year travel fund for employees who have been with Digible 3+ years
- Monthly subscription for financial wellness
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Sponsored Social Events
- Company Provided Lunches, Snacks
- Employee Development Program