Feathr provides a modern digital marketing software solution for associations, nonprofits, credit unions, and event organizations. We unify our customer's marketing efforts with our platform including website analytics, targeted digital advertising, influencer marketing, and more. We help these organizations adopt modern digital marketing technologies and best practices to promote their programs, and drive more engagement to their efforts.
Our people are what make the difference. We’re looking for a unique individual who will dive right in, develop deep empathy for our customers, and accelerate Feathr's growth!
VP of Marketing
Compensation $205K OTE ($155K salary + $50K performance-based variable comp)
Stock options package in the range of 0.3%-0.5% equity
Relocation package (if applicable)
4-day work week, fully-paid health/dental/vision insurance, “Summr” and “Wintr” breaks (i.e. full-company closure), paid vacation + unlimited sick time, flexible work environment
A quick bit of background: Feathr’s primary customer segment through $10M in ARR was a niche type of not-for-profit org (professional societies / trade associations with $1M+ in annual revenue), so most of our growth was driven by highly targeted outbound sales efforts + sponsoring industry events. In 2021, Feathr expanded to start serving a much broader swath of the not-for-profit sector including 501(c)(3) charities and foundations. To reach this new and much larger audience, we started investing more seriously in inbound and demand gen marketing.
As Feathr’s VP of Marketing, you will take ownership of these nascent efforts and a six-person team to guide the scaling of each as we shift away from an outbound-driven go-to-market strategy towards one centered around inbound and demand gen marketing. You will serve as the department head for Marketing and as a member of the Feathr leadership team. You will primarily focus on customer acquisition and collaborate closely with your fellow go-to-market department heads: the Sr. Director of Sales, Sr. Director of Business Development, and Director of Enterprise Accounts. You will report to the President/Chief Revenue Officer.
Primary functional areas of responsibility for the Marketing department currently include content marketing, digital advertising, website and landing page creation/optimization, email/marketing automation, social media, and industry media/influencer relations (including both earned media/PR as well as direct placement advertising, podcast sponsorships, etc).
Shared responsibilities of the Marketing department currently include company positioning, brand identity (visual + voice), product marketing, and sales enablement (for both the junior outbound SDRs and senior quota-carrying AEs). These are areas we would expect to become primarily owned by the Marketing department, once a VP of Marketing is in place.
The Marketing department is currently measured by inbound Sales-Qualified Opportunities (SQOs); however, as the VP of Marketing, your variable compensation will be aligned with the rest of the go-to-market leadership team around overall New Business sales goals.
- 4+ years of experience managing the Marketing department, or managing a team within the Marketing department, at a high-growth company in the range of 50-500 employees (or $5M-$50M in revenue)
- 8+ years of experience in B2B marketing (demand gen, product marketing, content marketing)
- Experience in positioning a product/company in a competitive market, defining qualified accounts, developing customer personas, and crafting compelling messaging
- Experience building a marketing team and establishing new workflows/processes
- Proficient in using marketing automation tools (we use Hubspot), Google Analytics, and digital advertising campaign management tools
- Proficient in remote collaboration tools such as Asana, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom (or their equivalents)
- Positive attitude, growth mindset, and alignment with Feathr’s PACTS (see below)
- Clear communication - you prioritize simple, clear, user-friendly language when communicating to your audience (whether verbal or written, 1:1 or public announcement)
- Keen understanding of positioning, product marketing, and campaign messaging
- Talented manager of people - you understand that management requires hands-on coaching, motivation, and tough discussions. You excel in building up your team members and building a culture of trust and accountability.
- Skilled at cross-departmental collaboration and relationship-building.
- Ability to create and execute a company marketing plan, create and manage a departmental budget, create and iterate on a pipeline model/forecast.
- Lead and manage the talented humans of the Marketing department
- Create and manage the execution of the company marketing plan, including refinement of positioning/messaging, creation/management of our content calendar, and planning/execution of all digital marketing campaigns
- Create and manage the Marketing departmental budget
- In collaboration with Rev Ops, create a model/forecast of pipeline creation from Marketing activities as well as the ongoing reporting and analysis thereof
- Work closely with the President and department heads of Sales, Business Development, and Rev Ops on Feathr’s overall go-to-market strategy
Feathr is headquartered in Gainesville, FL but we are open to remote work anywhere within the state of Florida. We will financially support relocation to Gainesville (from anywhere) or relocation to any city within Florida (if currently out of state). If you aren’t familiar, Gainesville is a hip mid-sized city with a talented and creative population, incredible surrounding nature, and excellent quality of life. If not located in Gainesville, we expect (and will financially support) you to come in-office an average of twice per quarter for full-company meetings, leadership onsites, and team-building opportunities.
As a part of our commitment to creating a fair, equitable, and positive interview experience for all candidates, we offer full transparency of our interview stages to give applicants an idea of the time and effort involved. Additionally, each interview stage consists of standardized questions and rubrics with a scoring system to ensure a consistent and fair assessment practice of all candidates.
Introductory Interview (30 minutes) - Candidates at this stage are assessed for mutual fit based on the job post and application, and can ask any clarifying questions about the role/company.
Second Interview (60 minutes) - Candidates that move forward will do a longer interview diving into the details of their experience and further discussion of Feathr’s history and future.
Panel Interview (60 minutes) - Candidates will interview with the other go-to-market department heads with whom they would be working alongside in this role.
Final Onsite Meeting (half day) - Candidates will be invited to visit the Feathr headquarters in-person as the final interview step. During this stage, candidates will have the opportunity to meet with various members of the Marketing Team and company leadership, and explore Gainesville.
Offer - The Talent Acquisition Team will reach out with the details of the offer to discuss with the candidate. At this time, we will collect and reach out to candidates’ references. This is also the opportunity for candidates to provide any additional information or context if there are concerns surrounding their background check. Feathr believes candidates that have made it to this point in the interview process are truly talented individuals, and so we are open to dialoguing background screens before turning away candidates that have consistently excelled through the interview process.
After all the details of the informal offer are finalized, the candidate will receive their formal offer.
If you require accommodations or assistance during the application or interview process due to a disability, please submit a request via this Candidate Reasonable Accommodation Request Form.
Benefits & Perks
We love our Flock and the work they do! But let’s be honest, life isn’t just about work. So we created a perks and benefits package that aims to help our team grow by including their wellness, families, passions, and personal time.
4 day workweek
Full vision and dental, 99% health insurance
Flexible Work Schedule
Unlimited sick time for when you need to take care of your physical or mental health
10 PTO days upon hire, additional PTO days available with tenure
Extended Summr + Wintr Breaks
Wellness Reimbursement Credit
Home Office Stipend
Professional Development Budget
- Team hangouts and events
You can read more about Feathr's decision to move to a 4-day workweek here.
Feathr defines culture as the secret sauce that makes our flock members want to come to work everyday and do their best work. Like every company, we have an acronym that conveys the most important aspects of the culture we strive to have.
Practicality: Am I incrementally improving something or delaying perfection?
- Ambition: Am I staying in my comfort zone as opposed to learning and communicating what is necessary to solve
the real challenges?
Clarity: Is my audience understanding what I’m communicating?
Trust: Am I being sincere and trusting others to do the same?
- Service: Am I expecting more from myself than from others?
This acronym is only as useful as the integrity of the people who reference it and believe in it. Every person at Feathr will face challenges, the most important quality is a commitment to work through those challenges with self-awareness and honesty.
Feathr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, if you think you’d drive value in this position, please apply.