Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Durham, UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge! We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
Atom’s Digital Experience team sits within our Commercial area, with a primary focus on making what matters most to the customer better, together. We utilise customer insight to inform our design thinking, collaborating across the business to create solutions and deliver customer centric journeys, which are monitored to understand the impact they make, where we constantly scrutinise the performance to identify further areas of improvement across our customer touchpoints.
As part of our iterative design process, we define and understand our customer needs and incorporate these into design proposals which are thoroughly user tested through remote and in-person, using standard methodologies, using metrics to measure performance and propose design solutions to stakeholders. Here we manage our internal approval process of our customer journeys and work with our technology teams to ensure a streamlined delivery that meets the needs of our customers. As a team, we never stop iterating. We never stop listening to our customers. We never stop monitoring our data. We never stop improving.
As a UX Designer at Atom, you will be tasked to develop the Atom experience across all customer touchpoints to deliver market leading user experience in the finance sector. Under the direction of the UX Lead, and with support from the wider team you’ll use Atom’s design standards and processes to create best in class experiences aligned to the business direction, resulting in great customer feedback.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…
- Develop & maintain Atom’s customer experience in respect to UX design & usability testing
- Collaborate with departments across the business whilst defining solutions
- Ensure technical delivery whilst collaborating with our Technology & Delivery teams
- Utilise customer journey mapping to integrate the Atom experience from a customer perspective
- Use a range of tools to understand what experiences are available in the market today, to bring an understanding of what great looks like
- Complete user testing across Atom’s experiences during the design process and measure performance metrics
- Present your work through these stages to all levels of stakeholders and within committees to gain approval
What do we need from you?
- Design qualified with relevant degree and/or design qualifications
- Understanding of User Centred Design best practice
- Understanding of Apple and Google guidelines & web design principles
- Experience of working collaboratively in a cross-discipline design team with a strong appreciation for UX and research
- Prototyping and conceptual design work experience
- Experience of designing and testing for accessibility standards
- Experience of working in an agile framework
- Experience undertaking user testing research methodologies and metrics
- Ability to own and self-manage a piece of work and/or project to completion
- Proficient in design tools, specifically Adobe XD and Illustrator
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible hybrid & remote working
- 4-day work week
- Annual Share Option scheme – company performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.