We are looking for a Seattle-based people and culture specialist to be the face of the company. You will help all functions of the business foster a great employee experience. Your first initiative will focus on creating first-class hiring and onboarding experiences for new employees. You’ll also support our growth by spearheading a variety of different projects across the company – from supporting our senior leadership team, to planning our in-person events, to helping us create the best remote culture we can for our company.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Help manage our recruiting/interview process as we grow the team. This includes helping to get an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) up and running and supporting our hiring managers in coordinating interviews and creating a great experience for candidates throughout the process.
- Help manage our onboarding process. Including getting employees set up in our HR system, running background checks, setting up accounts and coordinating with hiring managers to make sure we have a stellar onboarding experience for each new employee.
- Plan and organize our bi-monthly in-person events for the company
- Support our leadership team with administrative tasks such as expenses, scheduling, and additional projects.
- Support the sales team with administrative tasks such as contracting, billing, et.c.
- Serve as a culture ambassador for the company and lead special projects such as leading our weekly online games, designing and facilitating employee events and challenges, and thinking through new ways to help employees stay engaged in a remote work environment.
- Partner with our designer to order and maintain Uplevel swag.
- Based in the Seattle area
- 2-3 years experience as an office manager, HR specialist, or Executive Assistant
- Experience working within Google suite and fast learner on all technologies needed to run a remote company
- Insane attention to detail with a natural desire to organize and proactively plan work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly establish rapport, collaborate across teams, and build trust
- Start up experience a plus
- Coordination or working within a people team a plus
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU
- Be part of an ambitious, early-stage startup where we have clear goals, work swiftly under pressure, have strong attention to detail, and put the customer experience first.
- Help us grow 100% in the next year while maintaining a positive culture
- Help bring our values to life – people first & progress over perfection throughout the employee experience.
- Be able to work on a variety of different projects and choose your growth direction as we expand the team (either into an HR role or executive EA role)
If you want to learn more, please send an email to [email protected] with your Linkedin profile and/or resume and answer these two questions:
- Share an example from your past work experience of how you’ve lived our “progress over perfection” value
- Tell us what you’re most excited about for this specific role and how this role fits in your career growth
Equal Employment Opportunity and Nondiscrimination
Uplevel is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. We value diversity and foster mutual respect among our employees.