The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 450 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
The Treasury of a bank acts as a central hub through which its complex cash flows are managed, risks to market movements are controlled, investment decisions are made, and the trajectory of the business is steered such that it meets its regulatory requirements and delivers value to investors. The Treasury is also responsible for all of the bank’s activities in the Wholesale markets and is required to be a centre for control and excellence.
The Treasury Back Office team is responsible for all confirmation, settlement and payment activities relating to all treasury dealing activities. This includes daily cash management and trades across asset classes including securities, derivatives, and money markets. The Treasury Back Office team is also responsible for managing the cashflows and reporting of the Bank’s Platform Lending propositions. This role holder will possess excellent organisation skills in order to work effectively to tight timescales whilst also ensuring the highest degree of accuracy.
The Treasury Back Office Analyst reports to the Treasury Middle Office Manager and supports the day-to-day management of all treasury operations. The role holder works closely with the wider treasury team in all aspects of reporting and MI and with the wider finance team, providing support with journals and the reconciliations process.
The Treasury Back Office Analyst has excellent communication skills, as a key part of the role involves building close relationships with stakeholders from both across the business and externally, working closely with business areas such as Payment Operations and Risk to ensure that all transactions are made accurately and within the necessary timescales.
Atom Treasury is an agile team which provides opportunities to support with broader reporting requirements, systems development, and new projects, therefore you’ll ideally have experience in at least one of these areas.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
As Treasury Back Office Analyst at Atom bank, your responsibilities will include:
- Management and oversight of all trade confirmations
- Ensuring all treasury payments are made accurately and on time
- Assisting in the daily cash management process by providing cash positions to treasury front office
- Ensuring settlement of all Security transactions through our Custodian platform, as well as management of all Corporate Actions
- Providing operational and payment support for Platform Lending propositions
- Production of daily collateral margin call reports
- Extraction and circulation of key treasury information from our Treasury Management system (TMS)
- Support the wider treasury team with ad-hoc requests
- Preparation of journals to be posted in TMS system.
What do we need from you?
- Strong experience in Banking or Finance, ideally with experience in treasury, finance, or operations
- Knowledge of banking fundamentals e. g accounting, products, payments etc
- Attention to detail and the ability to work within tight timeframes
- A strong communicator: develops & maintains good working relationships with both Atom colleagues and our contacts in the wider market.
What we’d ideally like you to have?
- Knowledge of treasury instruments and wider financial markets (or willingness to learn)
- Systems experience in either Treasury Management System (TMS), Finance or payments systems
- General Ledger and reconciliations knowledge
- Experience working with large data sets
- Strong excel skills.
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible and remote working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
- Challenging and exciting working environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship