Trading Regulation Analyst
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, 4 days @ 80% salary and compressed hours. Don't let anything stop you from applying.
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Ipswich, UK ⚠️
As part of the Compliance and Regulation department at SmartestEnergy Limited, your role will be to monitor and manage compliance with laws, policies, and regulations relating to the Company’s Trading activities as a non-financial counterparty.
What skills/experience do I need to be successful?
- An accredited qualification or relevant experience in trading regulatory and compliance assurance or Business Analysis is essential;
- Demonstrable experience of understanding trading related regulatory documents and working with a project management team to turn them into business or IT change requirements;
- Proven experience of facilitating interventions to manage risks;
- Knowledge of MiFID, EMIR, REMIT, MAR and FCA rules and regulations commensurate with experience level;
- Control-function and commercially aware.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- To monitor and manage compliance with regulatory and legislative obligations (including but not limited to REMIT, EMIR, MAR, MiFID ll, FCA, RAO);
- To monitor and manage compliance with obligations in respect of trading counterparties, brokers and venues;
- To document any non-compliance and provide monthly updates to the Risk Management Committee (RMC) on any breaches or issues;
- To review any changes to regulatory and legislative obligations and ensure that new or changed compliance requirements impacting systems, processes, regulatory reporting/transaction reporting or existing policy are documented, analyzed, and communicated to the relevant business areas;
- To collaborate with Project Teams and internal and external stakeholders upon request to progress implementation of any material change to systems and processes in relation to Trading regulation;
- To perform monitoring and audit activities relating to compliance with REMIT, EMIR, MAR, MiFID ll, FCA, RAO;
- To review operational practices, create and enforce compliance plans and perform regulatory risk management;
- To manage SEL’s FiT and RO quarterly and annual submissions and overall process.To respond to ad-hoc requests from the business and support existing and new business activities in relation to regulatory compliance obligations and transaction reporting;
- To attend energy industry meetings and working groups relating to compliance with relevant regulatory obligations, upon request;
- To assume the role of LSO/MAU for Xoserve portals (CMS/DES/GES etc.), performing account maintenance and period audits, as dictated by internal and external factors;
- To manage the Compliance Mailbox on behalf of the Compliance and Regulation department;
- To assist Compliance and Regulation in other energy industry regulatory matters as determined by the Head of Compliance and Regulation, including GSoP Figure Reporting, GGL & GGSS Checks and Daily Standing Charge submissions.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days a year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and 10% non-contributory pension from month three;
What does hybrid working mean to us?
Hybrid working typically means 2 days in the office location listed on this advert and 3 days working at home each week. Some occasional travel to our other offices may be required.
What happens next?
Once we receive your CV it will be reviewed by a human– no bots here!
The average process once we receive your application takes around 2-3 weeks with typically 2 stages of video interviews using Teams – however this can change depending on the role (we may invite you to see us face to face or just need 1 video interview).
If you need any support you can see who to contact in our Recruitment Team on the advert – any questions please just let us know .
Get to know us better....
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2024 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.