Trade Control Analyst
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, 4 days @ 80% salary and compressed hours. Don't let anything stop you from applying.
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in London, UK ⚠️
You will play a key role independently validating trades in the Energy Risk Management System “ETRM”.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Support automation efforts by driving greater use of systems within the Trade Control team and fully support the implementation of relevant controls directly into the trade capture systems;
- Perform cycle of improvement in Trade Control by continuously reviewing daily processes/models to automate and improve accuracy of validation;
- Lead the Trade Control Team with its objectives in delivering strategic projects such as new products;
- Overseeing particular activities and analysts within the team; - Training of new and junior personnel;
- Validate and mark as audited trade data (Power, Gas and Renewable transactions) in the ETRM system to the appropriate trade blotter/ contract/ broker confirmation;
- Ensure trade confirmations are sent in a timely manner (D+1), matched timely via eCM (Electronic Confirm Matching) and chased regularly to ensure compliance with the agreed departmental KPI;
- Ensure EMIR/REMIT reporting requirements are adhered to and perform Trade reconciliation on reported trades to be performed regularly as set out by SEL’s regulatory manual;
- Drive greater accuracy by developing trade exception reports in the ETRM system and provide oversight and ownership to any exceptions;
- Ensure processes can be picked up by a team member by continuously reviewing and updating processes for the validation of trades, end of day check reports and daily processes;
- Monitor the inbox and respond to customer queries promptly and support the wider business on operational activities.
What skills/experience do I need to be successful?
- Experience in a middle office/control role in a trading environment;
- Knowledge and interest of GB Power trading (products, market, etc.);
- Understanding of the commodities market.
Who are we?
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2023 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, remotely or a mix of remote/office. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days a year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and non-contributory pension from month three;
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.