At ExecOnline, we believe that leaders are within us and among us, which is why we strive to inspire others by creating a future-forward path. Our mission? To connect all leaders to their future potential.
In partnership with the world’s top business schools, we deliver career-enhancing programs for leaders and meaningful impact for enterprises. We’re growing rapidly, and we’re hiring passionate, diverse, mission-driven talent to grow with us.
Tier 1 Customer Support — German is a remote-based contractor who is motivated to provide quick and effective service to worldwide participants in our online leadership development programs. This person champions customer happiness, satisfaction, and success through patience, understanding, and product and technical know-how.
You will serve as a point of contact for our clients with questions about their online learning experience, including providing solutions for technical issues and logistical and administrative matters.
Our Agents communicate with high-level executives from premier companies all over the world, and candidates must exude professionalism and possess strong written communication skills. Our Agents are provided onboarding and ongoing training, resource materials, and the tools they need to be effective.
Experience working customer support for executives or businesses is highly valued. Work in a SaaS/product or application setting, Salesforce or similar CRM, website backend/ administrative interfaces, and help desk software is highly valued.
Hours for this role are flexible, with preference given to daytime and evening availability (based on US Eastern Time) and will vary over the year based on the ExecOnline program schedule. Work volume will equate to ~10 hours per week with the likelihood of growth over time. While there will be an opportunity to take on additional hours based on volume. Candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US.
What you will do:
- Enthusiastically support clients with their tech, logistical, and other needs via email, chat, phone, and web-based tools.
- Accurately identify and troubleshoot technical and non-technical issues in a timely manner for a global set of users with diverse environments and scenarios
- Promptly escalate more complex problems to appropriate internal team members
- Demonstrate a familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of our programs, learning content. and technical products (with training)
- Continuously endeavor to improve the quality of our support and service, both internally and externally
- Monitor live online video conferencing events and provide live immediate assistance to participants
What you need to succeed:
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably with a SaaS company or a product/technology division
- Poise and professionalism to respond to high-level executives from around the world; executive support experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills—written and verbal—that recognizes and adapts to the wide range of ExecOnline participants. Be well versed and comfortable with email, phone, and video (if needed) etiquette in potentially challenging or urgent situations
- Familiarity with Salesforce (or other CRM), website backend/administrative interfaces (e.g. Wordpress/Rails Admin), cloud-based tools, and exposure to help desk software.
- Outstanding task management skills across a varied set of responsibilities in a fast paced, high volume environment
To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume, brief cover letter (including how you heard about us), and an address to your LinkedIn profile. Candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US.
We have availability during time blocks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We currently have specific need for coverage during 3:00 - 9:00 p.m. ET weekdays. Weekends are possible. At ExecOnline, we are committed to fair, equitable, and competitive compensation practices. The hourly rate for this role is $20. During the interview process, total compensation will be determined in alignment with market data, team equity, and the experience & capabilities of each candidate.
Please note, ExecOnline's employee benefits program is for eligible full time employees only.
Benefits, Perks, and Resources:
- Accelerate your career: take any of our high-impact courses, for free
- You’ll receive stock options in our fast-growing company, as well as access to a 401(k) to invest in your future
- Thrive beyond work with 20 days of PTO, generous parental leave, paid holidays, and flexible work arrangements
- Comprehensive wellness benefits: high-quality, low-cost medical, dental, and vision plans, in addition to other wellness offerings
- Community & Belonging: Our Employee Resource groups bring together employees with shared characteristics or life experiences
Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is our ethos. We take diversity in hiring seriously, and encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every bullet point to a “T.”
If you have a disability, or any other need that requires an accommodation, please reach out to the recruiting team - we’re happy to help!