Hello, we are Atlan! 👋
A home for data teams around the world. 🏠 Atlan makes it easier for diverse data users – business users, product managers, analysts, and engineers – to collaborate effectively. (Think of what Salesforce is for sales teams or GitHub for engineering teams). (Check out our website, product tour, and docs.)
Built for the humans of data, by the humans of data
The problem: After working on 200+ data projects, we learned how tough it was to scale data teams. Data teams are one of the most interdisciplinary teams ever created. They're made up of analysts, data scientists, engineers, business users – diverse people with their own tooling preferences, skill sets, and "DNA" that need to come together. This leads to collaboration chaos.
We were awoken with crisis calls every second day for the minutest of issues — from troubleshooting why a number on a dashboard was incorrect to difficulties in getting access to the right data set! Atlan started with us building tools to make our own data team more agile.
These tools made our team 6x more agile, helping us take on amazing projects like building India's National Data Platform used by India's Prime Minister. The best part — this was built by an eight-member team, the fastest project of its kind to go live, in a record twelve months instead of the projected three years.
💡 We asked, could the tooling we built for ourselves help data teams around the world? That's how Atlan was born. We're on a mission to help data teams around the world do their lives' best work.
Read our co-founder Prukalpa's article on the half-a-decade backstory that drives everything we do at Atlan and our journey of failing three times before we figured out the real solution.
🚀 We're growing fast
In the last few months, we have onboarded some dream customers, started working with some amazing partners, and watched as our team spread across 10+ countries.
Atlan was named a Gartner Cool Vendor in DataOps, one of the top three companies globally (and one of the fastest companies to make the list 🌏). We were also named in Gartner’s inaugural Market Guide for Active Metadata and as a Top 5 Global Innovator in DataOps by IDC.
We're backed by top investors (like Insight Partners, Sequoia, and Waterbridge) and the shapers of the modern data stack (including the founders and CEOs of Snowflake, Looker, Stitch, and DataRobot) as our early investors. 🏅
Watch this three-minute video of our journey so far and where we're going (in conversation with Sequoia Capital).
We build with all our ❤️
We believe that data teams deserve fundamentally better software experiences. Data is chaos, but that doesn't mean that work should be! 🌟
Love what Superhuman, Slack, Notion, Quip, and Figma have done for the modern workplace? Come build the future for data teams with Atlan!
Why is this role important to us?
- From explainer articles and blogs to ebooks and reports, in the last few months, content from our team has been read by thousands of humans of data.
- As we continue to grow, one of our priorities is to create content that adds value to data practitioners and is discoverable via search engines.
- And we have an excellent team of amazing writers and data enthusiasts to thank for this. We’re now scaling this team and looking for collaborators to join.
Your mission at Atlan
- Help data teams to do their lives' best work through high-quality content
- You will be producing content that is of value to a deep tech audience including leaders in data science, data engineering, business intelligence, data analytics, and also everyday data practitioners (analysts, scientists, engineers, etc)
What makes you a match for us?
- Have working knowledge on topics including but not limited to data warehouses, data lakes, metadata management, data governance, data discovery, data lineage, ETL, open source tools around these topics, and emerging technologies/themes in this space.
- Impeccable writing skills; ability to simplify & go deeper into technical concepts.
- You have a knack for learning evolving concepts in the data ecosystem.
- If you are a professional already working in the data team of your organization — that’s a plus.
Do your life’s best work at Atlan 🚀
At Atlan, our mission is to help data teams do their life's best work. Inside Atlan, our goal is to help Atlanians do their life's best work while at Atlan and reach their Ikigai.
We'd normally invite potential Atlanians to our office to meet our team and understand our culture. But given the global pandemic, we've opened up our internal team handbook instead, which is a great read about our values and principles and how we think about growth and internal practices as we build a dream team.
Excited about the opportunity? Apply now! 👇