System Analyst x 2
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, 4 days @ 80% salary and compressed hours. Don't let anything stop you from applying.
Posted 1 month ago
What is the purpose of this role?
In this key role you will be responsible for specification, configuration and development of internal systems.
You will work with IT Business partners, 3rd party vendors and end-users to support new and existing applications, proactively identifying opportunities to better support business processes
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Analyse and evaluate the software and systems that the business utilizes, identifying issues and areas for improvement;
- Use best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve internal applications;
- Enhance existing applications to improve reliability, efficiency; implementing new functionality to address evolving business requirements;
- Query data and develop existing stored procedures;
- Query writing, perform Testing including system upgrades, support packages, disaster recovery scenarios;
- Develop existing applications by analysing and identifying areas for modification;
- Design and development of new applications to address evolving business requirements and technology debt;
- Improving interoperability and data flows between software applications and systems through interface design and development;
- Create technical specifications and test plans;
Write operational and process flow documentation;
Provide day-to-day technical and functional assistance to end users;
Ensure operational documentation is up to date, and published/ distributed as determined by company policy;
- Liaising on operational issues with 3rd party vendors, co-ordination of software releases, configuration changes, patches and bug-fixes.
What skills/experience do I need to be considered?
- 3 + years experience in a technical IT position;
Proven experience in IT Application Management or Development;
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws;
- Understanding of project management principles and application.
Who are we?
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2022 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, remotely or a mix of remote/office. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 30 days per year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and non-contributory pension from month three;
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.