Berlitz Corporation is a world-leading language and cultural training provider with over 140 years of experience. Our immersive, communication-focused approach helps individuals, businesses, governments, and non-profit organizations develop the language skills, cross-cultural understanding, and confidence to succeed. At Berlitz, we believe in the power of language and cultural understanding to drive human progress. We work across 70 countries, and teach over 50 languages, using The Berlitz Method a proven, immersive technique that provides the confidence to speak your new language right away. Our courses are tailored according to your proficiency level and learning preferences, whether you study online or in-person, in groups, in private, or self-paced in your own time. Open up your world with Berlitz.
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
This is a Freelance Position, Native-level Swedish Fluency is Required
About The Job
At Berlitz, students come not just to learn a language, but also to gain an understanding of the culture. In the role of a part-time, freelance Swedish Instructor, you will:
- Work in a diverse environment
- Enjoy a flexible schedule
- Benefit from a casual dress code
While working with your students, you'll use the Berlitz Method of instruction aiming to sprout a culture where students feel liberated to play with the language and stay motivated to reach their language goals.
We offer a flexible training course where you'll learn how to employ the Berlitz Method effectively. Furthermore, you'll gain access to our advanced platforms and technology which will assist you in delivering successful instruction.
We supply the students and support; you provide the instruction.
- Prepare for your lessons by going through the provided material and customizing it as per each student's needs.
- Creating a risk-free environment where students are encouraged to make mistakes and experiment with the language.
- Documenting the progress of students after each lesson.
- Committing to provide 15-20 hours of instructions per week, based on your availability.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Teaching experience is a plus but not required.
- Native-level Swedish, intermediate-level English.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A minimum of 5 Mbps download speed / 2 Mbps upload speed.
- A stable wired connection to the internet (Wi-Fi is not sufficient).
- A PC or laptop running Windows 10 or higher, or macOS 11 or higher (Linux does not support our applications)
- A USB headset and a camera.
- For those living in areas where load shedding occurs, it is compulsory to have a backup system to support your devices.
- At least 2 GHz of base processing speed and RAM equal or above 4096 MB (4GB).
- Free group language sessions for our instructors.
- Flexible scheduling to fit your personal needs (must keep original schedule for the first 3-4 months)
- The ability to work from home, saving time, and money on your daily commute.
- Free intensive training of the Berlitz Method
For more details, watch our video: "Becoming a Live Online Instructor" (Link unavailable in this format).