In 2022, we announced that our studio is implementing a four-day work week (32hrs) as well as supporting in-studio, remote, and hybrid work arrangements as permanent options to our employees.
Posted 2 weeks ago
Blackbird Interactive is a creative-fueled, future-driven, independent game studio where the best talent in the industry can find long-term careers to help grow their abilities while working on a wide range of projects, which encompass world-class IPs as well as our own creations across multiple genres.
In 2022, we announced that our studio is implementing a four-day work week as well as supporting in-studio, remote within Canada, and hybrid work arrangements as permanent options to our employees.
BBI is looking for a Studio Assistant to join our team. This position requires someone who is ready and eager to take on anything that’s thrown at them! If you are a proactive, can-do person who wants to work for an awesome company, we want to talk to you.This role is one of the most important roles in our company. The person who takes on this jobhas to be cool under pressure, be okay with random questions on the daily, and slightly moreprofessional than the rest of us (but that’s not saying much).Important note: BBI is a hybrid studio, meaning employees can work from home, from thestudio, or any combination of the two. The duties of the Studio Assistant, however, require thesuccessful candidate to work from the studio full time.
- Support the logistics of employees transitioning back to the office - including
- scheduling couriers and receiving shipments of equipment
- Act as the point of contact at the physical studio for employees who are working
- remotely, whether part or full time
- Assist the HR & IT team with new hires, seating maps, and arranging for couriers to pick up work equipment
- Check mail, answer the phone, coordinate onsite visits, courier packages, respond
- to employee inquiries over Slack and email
- Ensure that the common areas of the studio are kept clean and stocked with
- supplies, drinks, etc.
- Organize supplies and place orders as needed to keep things stocked up
- Work with the game teams to help coordinate over-time food, celebrations, and
- other company events
- Organizing and ship swag for employees
- Never let us run out of coffee or white board markers!
- 1-3 years of experience in a customer-service role
- Experience with Google or Microsoft Office applications is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A collaborative, can-do attitude!
Vacation & Extras
+ 4-day, 32-hour work week for all full-time staff
+ Mentorship program
+ Skunkworks internal game jam program
+ 4 weeks paid vacation per year
+ 11 paid stat holidays
+ 3 paid days per year for professional development
+ December holiday studio closure (extra paid time off!)
+ Comprehensive health/dental benefits from day 1
+ Life insurance
+ $300 Healthcare Spending Account per annum
+ RRSP matching up to $1500
+ Profit-sharing bonus program
If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Any questions about the role and/or accessibility requests can be sent to: [email protected]
Unfortunately, we cannot reply to everyone. Only successful applicants will be contacted about the next steps. Thank you for your understanding.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to inclusion and especially encourage members of historically marginalized communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on gender, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Blackbird Interactive is privileged to be developing our projects on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ /Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.