App Academy is building world-class training programs that help students from all backgrounds transition into careers in software development while also providing reliable and quality talent acquisition pipeline solutions to partner companies. Recently we were named one of the top coding bootcamps in the US. We have been profiled in The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Bloomberg as a driving force behind the changing face of tech education in America. Our unique model — we defer tuition until our students graduate and secure jobs afterward — aligns our success with the success of our students.
Join us on our mission to empower people to transform their lives.
About the Role
The work of managing the academic, administrative, and behavioral dimensions of boot camp education is challenging. App Academy recognizes the benefit of a team member who specializes in supporting students in these areas - the Student Resource Coordinator.
As a student resource coordinator at App Academy, your work would facilitate the administrative and behavioral side of the student experience. You would take responsibility for supporting all active Instruction Team members in holding students to our academic and behavioral expectations, often acting in a student facing capacity. You would help maintain and improve upon the administrative side of App Academy’s student records, and you would facilitate communication and collaboration between adjacent departments such as Admissions, Behavioral Health, and Placements. You would also help organize and maintain static student facing resources for non-technical support.
This is a 100% remote, part-time position that reports to the Associate Director of Instruction.
- Assist all active App Academy SWE Online cohorts with the following:
- Deferral conversations and request for deferral conversations
- Dismissal conversations
- Code of conduct violation investigations and conversations
- Student accommodation conversations
- Student behavioral coaching
- Academic policy and expectations conversations with students
- Cohort culture
- Ad hoc student/staff situations outside normal day to day operation
- Analyze and report on student decision state date (Enrollments, Deferrals, Dismissals, Withdrawals, Graduations)
- Analyze and report on student experiential feedback
- Analyze and report on student data in the Student Information System to identify areas of improvement for administration and student experience
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and collaboration on course, including regulatory compliance
Education, Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience in education or community management
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentational skills and public speaking experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of andragogical best practices
- B.S. or M.S. in Education
- 2+ years of experience in education, ed tech, as a community leader, or as a teacher in any field
- Take responsibility for student success -- Everyone works together to enable student success.
- Follow the numbers -- Decisions should be backed by data.
- Embrace a growth mindset -- View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
- Start with why -- See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things we should investigate it.
- Create an inclusive environment -- We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.
- Build with urgency -- Our products positively change lives.
App Academy Benefits
- Impact: Be part of a team that's shaping the future of aspiring software engineers
- Flexibility: Enjoy a flexible schedule that allows you to balance work with other commitments
- Professional Growth: Stay at the forefront of technology and education while advancing your own skills
- Innovation: Contribute to an innovative learning environment that values creativity and collaboration
$30 - $40 an hour
We at App Academy feel passionately about pay transparency, as it supports candidates in receiving equal pay for equal work. The compensation for this position includes an hourly rate of $30-$40 USD. ( Note: salary ranges apply to U.S. based applicants only)
App Academy is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We believe strongly that technology companies benefit from diversity and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.