Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Durham, UK ⚠️
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re focused on bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 450 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
Working closely with the Head of Strategy, Corporate Finance Manager and the ‘Heads of’ community, the Strategy Implementation Manager will work with the Strategy team in support of clear strategic deliverables through use of the scorecard, clear cascade communications and consistent direction to business areas for prioritisation of workload. The role holder supports the Head of Strategy Implementation by providing insight into Atom processes, tools and frameworks for formulating strategy and for embedding it into more detailed financial, operational and change delivery plans. The role holder will also carry out research on competitor activities that will help Atom to drive positive comparison and good market awareness of our business.
As a key member of the strategy leadership team, the role holder works closely with the Corporate Finance Manager and Director of Strategy ensure that strategic initiatives are aligned both to the investor story and that they are properly sized, have a clear benefits case and are appropriately prioritised to support the implementation of our strategy.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
- Works with the wider team to develop processes, tools and frameworks that support the efficient operation of the strategic planning process.
- Support the strategy development process through the provision of insight into the external market and competitive environment, and translating those into improvement plans for Atom.
- Works with all business areas in support of seamless planning inputs and outputs, improving communication and orchestration of the annual strategy, with clear alignment between the execution of outcomes and goals in the strategy plan.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and other business areas to ensure the strategy is cascaded and understood and that enabling functions understand their role in delivery of the strategy.
- Works with the Head of Strategy Implementation to track scorecard measures and the appropriate means for effective cascade and tracking.
- Ensure that appropriate strategic KPIs are agreed and embedded into the regular reporting of business and trading performance across the business so that the execution of the strategy can be tracked and monitored.
- Carries out Stratco actions to ensure an ongoing programme of governance support and record keeping around decisions that affect strategic outcomes.
- Identifies opportunity for change and improvement activities and takes responsibility for building and driving the plans for execution.
What do we need from you?
- Project or PMO accreditation (MSP, APM et al)
- Process management and design experience.
- Entry to medium level coaching experience or management accreditation.
- Strong cross functional or matrix management experience.
- A finance for planning certification would be useful though not essential.
- Good knowledge and usage of Microsoft office tools, along with Jira and Keyed-In.
What’s in it for you?
- 4 day working week
- Flexible and hybrid working environment
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday + 8 statutory days (plus the opportunity to buy extra annual leave)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.