Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
We are seeking a Staff Tax Accountant - Part-Time, Remote in the Private Client Group of our wealth management firm. The candidate will provide analytical support, consultation, and advice for high-net-worth clients approximately 3 days per week.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for year-round preparation of deliverables (tax returns, tax projections, net worth statements, cash flow reports, special projects)
- Develop a thorough knowledge of an assigned client base
- Communicate directly with clients and other professional advisors as needed
- Conduct research on tax and financial planning topics and make recommendations
- Participate in client meetings as needed
- Develop specific expertise in several areas of tax and financial planning
- Develop skills to use the tools available to complete projects in a paperless environment
- Complete other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, taxation, finance, or related field
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience with individual, partnership or trust income tax returns is preferred
- Experience with a wealth management or CPA firm is preferred but not required
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent computer proficiency (e.g. Word, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook)
- Strong client orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player mentality
- Commitment to company values
Clearstead is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.
We are an equal opportunity-employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The qualified candidate can expect:
- A flat, bureaucracy-free organizational structure that fosters creative thinking and involvement at all levels of the organization
- The opportunity to join a growing employee-owned firm that offers professional growth in an industry that is both dynamic and intellectually challenging
- An opportunity to work with high-profile private clients and institutions across the country
- A competitive base salary with an incentive bonus program
- Generous paid time off program
We are Clearstead...an independent wealth management and investment consulting firm in Cleveland, Ohio.
We advise nearly 1,000 private clients and 200 institutions on more than $28 billion of assets under advisement. Our private clients are families, individuals, and related entities. Our institutional clients include retirement funds, endowments and foundations, higher educational institutions, and healthcare organizations.
There's a popular line at Clearstead, "There are no sharp elbows." Employees have a voice in driving our success through our innovative, team-based approach. By empowering employees with rewarding careers, ownership, and valuing their perspectives we foster a culture of collaboration. This helps us attract and retain strong and motivated individuals.