15Five is the performance management platform that drives business results. 15Five's platform combines coaching and manager training, 360° performance reviews, in-depth engagement surveys, robust goal & OKR tracking, and manager-employee feedback tools like 1-on-1s and pulse ratings. Together, these enable HR leaders to deliver better business outcomes through high employee performance, engagement, and retention while empowering managers to drive change from the bottom up. 15Five is loved by strategic HR leaders, managers, and employees at over 3,500 companies, including Credit Karma, HubSpot, and Pendo.
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
The Staff Accountant is critical to the month end close process including ensuring the financial results are complete, accurate and prepared in a timely manner. The role will be instrumental in reducing 15Five’s month end close process in connection with the accounting team. The Staff Accountant will assist with month-end and year-end closings, bank reconciliations, general ledger entries, and system integrations. They have a strong understanding of GAAP, are eager to take on unfamiliar challenges, and are able to support various teams and projects along the way. Their organizational, written and oral communication and problem solving skills should be superlative and they should enjoy developing solutions that push innovative boundaries.
OUTCOME: Manage Month End Close Responsibilities
- Complete month end responsibilities including preparing and posting journal entries that may include: payroll, AP accruals, prepaid amortization, benefits expense, depreciation expense, commission and bonus accruals, deferred commissions, etc.
- Reconcile cash and asset bank account transactions between the General Ledger and bank statements
- Ensure transactions are complete and accurate
- Complete month end responsibilities in a timely manner in accordance with the close schedule
- Complete account reconciliations and other analysis as neededUpdate department specific budget vs. actual tracking sheets
- Experience with accounting software - Airbase and QuickBooks Online preferred
- Technology skills - Comfortable with accounting software, spreadsheets and other technologies commonly used in accounting
- Organization and planning - Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Communication skills - Ability to work with other departments and stakeholders and able to explain financial information in a clear and concise manner
- Attention to detail- Accuracy is critical in accounting, you should be able to spot errors, inconsistencies, and other issues in financial data
- Ethics - Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards in their work
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 3+ years of general accounting experience
SCHEDULE / WORK LOCATION
- This is a part-time, hourly, temporary contract position from early November 2023 until the end of April 2024.
- The typical work week will be Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am and 6:00 pm (flexible), working an expected 40+ hours/month, with most of the work being completed during the first two weeks of the month.
15Five is the holistic performance management company. 15Five equips HR teams with a complete platform solution to improve manager effectiveness, drive high performance and engagement, and increase retention. 15Five’s easy-to-use software, coaching, manager training, and community enables HR leaders to continuously measure engagement and performance, and empower managers to drive change.
At 15Five, we focus on building a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity.
For more information see:
Our Mission, Vision, & Values - https://www.15five.com/about
Our People and Culture - https://www.15five.com/about/careers
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging - https://www.15five.com/deib
Our Personal & Professional Development Resources - https://www.15five.com/resources/content-library
15Five follows equitable hiring practices. Our compensation programs are designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented employees who are highly engaged, high performing, and have an exceptional impact on the business and our customers.
The base salary range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the role across all US locations. We benchmark all roles for compensation in ranges relative to the top half of the market of similar tech companies using up-to-date market data. Within the range, individual pay is determined by budget allocated for the role and additional factors, including job-related competencies and skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US job postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. The US new hire base salary range for this temporary, contracted part-time role is $31-$32/hour.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.