Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
Special Education Aide (CA- Virtual/Remote)
Join a dedicated team that fosters autonomy and creativity, while receiving a competitive salary, opportunities for career and personal growth, and the gratification that comes from creating positive multi-generational change.
Ednovate launched its first school, USC Hybrid High, a personalized learning high school, in 2012. Since then, Ednovate has grown to six schools and is on a trajectory to continue to grow over the next several years. Ednovate is committed to serving in areas where students traditionally lack access to a quality college prep education by building tuition-free, safe, and high-performing public schools to serve neighborhoods that need it the most. Ednovate is currently planning for our next growth phase as we continue to fulfill our mission to make a positive multigenerational change within the communities we serve and in our profession.
We're made up of world travelers, nacho connoisseurs, KPOP business owners, and Taylor Swift fans. We love LA and OC, and we're our students' biggest cheerleaders. We are looking to hire innovative changemakers who aim to continue our goal of becoming the high school experts across Southern California. Sound like you? Keep Reading.
Information regarding our schools can be found
What You'll Do:
The Special Education Aide will serve as the primary one-to-one support for a student with learning differences and supporting the Special Education department as needed.
In this one-to-one role, they will:
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives and meeting IEP goals.
- Administers tests, homework, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting student needs in the classroom.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Communicates with supervising instructional staff, and a variety of health care professionals, and professional support personnel for the purpose of communicating progress or implementing IEP objectives.
- Maintains instructional materials and/or manual and electronic files/records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors student's daily schedule and behavior plan for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Provides, under the supervision of the assigned teacher, instruction to the student in a variety of individual and group activities for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives; implementing IEP plans; and ensuring the student's access to his/her least restrictive environment.
- Supervises individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. community field trips, hallways, bus loading areas, cafeteria, parking lots, classrooms, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Supervises and escorts the student during any and all emergency drills or during actual emergencies for the purpose of providing a safe learning environment.
We're Looking For:
*Candidate Must Have Permanent Residence in California*
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about increasing the college attainment rate in educationally underserved populations and working with families of diverse background
- Has an unwavering belief in academic success for all students
- Is committed to our mission, discipline model, and vision
- Has prior school experience supporting students with special needs
- Strong proficiency with Google Apps (Sheets, Word Docs, Slides)
- Enjoys a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and is eager to build new systems or adapt existing ones
- Collaborates well and engages in healthy, collegial conflict
- Is comfortable with a high degree of transparency and accountability for results
- Is resourceful, persistent, and constantly reflective on improving results
- Finds joy in their work and thrives with autonomy, flexibility and accountability
- Connects well to students and values communication and partnership with families
- Demonstrates successful results as a special education teacher
- Has strong content knowledge in all subject areas
- Is committed to personalizing the learning experience for all students
- Can maintain a disciplined classroom
- Is committed to our Demerit/Merit Behavioral Management System
- Is a graduate of a four-year university
- Has competency in these areas:
- Online Learning Platforms: Proficiency in using learning management systems (LMS) such as Moodle, Canvas, Google Classroom, or Blackboard.
- Video Conferencing Tools: Familiarity with video conferencing software like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, or WebEx for virtual classes and meetings.
- Virtual Classroom Tools: Knowledge of virtual whiteboards, interactive online classroom platforms, and collaboration tools to engage students effectively.
- Communication Tools: Proficiency in using email, messaging apps, and communication platforms to stay in touch with students, parents, and colleagues
We're Committed to Giving You:
Compensation is a part-time hourly wage commensurate with experience starting at
$19.00. to $24.00 Hourly
Ednovate actively develops a schoolwide culture in which every student and employee has a sense of belonging. We are committed to celebrating all of our diverse voices. To achieve this goal, applicants are not considered on the basis of race, color, gender, ability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.