Note: You have the option to go 100% remote OR if you prefer, you could work out of our Kitchener or Toronto offices
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
Tulip has built a retail mobile software platform that empowers leading retailers such as Mulberry, Chanel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors to give mobile devices to their store associates so they can elevate service, sell more and provide a personalized experience.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation and talent.
As a Solutions Engineer on Tulip's Delivery team, you will be the technical expert representing Tulip’s offering to our clients. You will collaborate with our clients, architects and team leads to translate business needs into detailed specifications for the Tulip Delivery team. You will assist the Development Managers and Project Managers in delivering those specifications to the development team, and you’ll provide guidance to the team throughout the implementation and execution phase. You will own the technical solution that brings Tulip to retail clients across the globe.
We are looking for enthusiastic problem solvers who are passionate about using the latest technology to solve real business problems. Having cut your teeth as a software developer, you’ll bring an understanding of how scalable and performant applications are architected and you’ll know what steps are involved in building them. You’ll be an effective communicator, being able to effortlessly navigate conversations between technical teams as well as non-technical clients.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with our clients, internal architects and team leads to uncover the technical details behind client requirements and produce technical specifications document
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the solution (to be) delivered from technical requirements focusing on data integration best practices.
- Coordination of technical tasks/milestones related to the project
- Partner with the Development Managers and the Project Managers to plan stories into sprints to meet a project delivery timeline.
- Familiarity with RESTful architecture and API-based development for cloud-based system integrations.
- Support both our clients and development teams with the wisdom to navigate them through the software development process and ensure that our clients are delighted with the results
- Master best practices on multi-tenant application technologies in a CI/CD software development environment
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science or similar advanced degree, or equivalent work experience in software companies
- Prior work in delivery of software services on enterprise level is a plus.
- Excellent attention to details and passionate about continuously documenting technical specifications throughout the project lifecycle
- Resourceful and proud at being accountable in your role
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently with self-driven learning approach with an evolving/scaling application platform
- Excellent communication and technical leadership skills, as well as demonstrated tenacity and persistence, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
Why we are awesome.
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.