Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge! Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud-based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
We have very little legacy, but that doesn’t stop us looking for ways to improve. For instance, we are already exploring ways to improve some services we transitioned to the cloud very recently. Quickness and efficiency are always a priority, but we never compromise on security, usability, or reliability getting there.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
As Atom is a digital only bank, this brings with it a set of risks from a security perspective. As Software Security Engineer you’ll act as the lead for the Security Operations team to protect, detect, respond, and recover to Atom’s customers, brand, people, and reputation. You’ll be an advocate of best-in-class security practice influencing at all levels, provide practical advice and guidance and remain approachable to all of Atom’s people.
This is a really important role where you’ll design, deliver, and develop the security model of Atom bank’s cloud environment, ensuring that infrastructure, applications, and processes remain in-line with various security standards and applicable legal, regulatory, industry best practice frameworks, whilst demonstrating your level of technical knowledge.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Use a cloud first mentality when looking at best practices to design, implement, and develop security patterns aligned to Atom’s policies, standards, and procedures
- Support the engineering and project teams to deliver secure solutions
- Develop and participate in architecture reviews for new business solutions
- Identify security requirements and gaps in infrastructure, applications and processes, and determine and implement appropriate controls
- Lead and develop processes for security operational tasks and tooling. E.g. SIEM, EDR, Vulnerability Management
- Scope, conduct and assess complex penetration testing.
- Identifying security threats and converting this to a material impact.
What do we need from you?
- Security architecture and security technology design
- Experience of public cloud platforms, ideally GCP
- Good project management and consulting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build, develop and maintain relationships across all levels
- Confident, assertive and pragmatic approach with ability to exercise judgment and discretion where appropriate
- Flexible team player who can work autonomously
- Experience of mentoring & coaching junior members of a Security team.
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible Hybrid & Remote working
- 4-day work week
- Annual Share Option – performance-related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.