Software Engineer - Notifications
Heard of composable banking? The concept originated here at Mambu. We've been champions of composable for over a decade. Mambu is the only true SaaS cloud core banking platform. Our unique and sustainable composable approach means that independent engines, systems and connectors can be assembled in any configuration to meet business requirements and the ever-changing demands of your customers. Over 280 banks, lenders, fintechs, and even retailers in 65 countries turn to us to help them build modern digital financial products faster, securely and cost-effectively. Ready to become a Mambuvian? Check our Jobs tab.
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in RO ⚠️
In the last 10 years, Mambu has been revolutionising banking - making it more accessible, more straightforward and more inclusive for everyone. With fresh funding secured and a near €5 billion valuation we have huge ambitions for ourselves and the whole banking sector.
We bring this same sense of innovation and aspiration to how we support our people. We pioneered the 4 day summer work week, have announced the provision of equity for all and launched Our Mambu Deal to capture how we work with each other and what we offer all Mambuvians.
These are just the beginning. We’ll continue to look for ways to make Mambu an even better place to work.
We’re not here to play it safe.
We’re here to change the world.
About the team
The main mission for our Notifications team is providing a highly scalable notifications solution that would cover the following objectives:Have full-customer usage of the Notifications Ensure our system is capable of sending different types of notifications in a reliable and performant way Create and dispatch notifications faster Provide a configuration as code approach for notifications messaging templates.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement clean, scalable and reusable code using Java
- Contribute to architecture of RESTful web services
- Work with cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) and the associated architectural patterns (serverless computing, configuration as code, containers, Kubernetes)
- Contribute to development of CI and CD pipelines (GitLab, ArgoCD)
- Improve the MySQL database engine performance
- Test code using JBehave, JUnit and Selenium
- Contribute to Proof of Concept projects that may hold the base of new features or new directions to be pursued
- Make templating of messaging easier with a configuration as code approach
- Maintain application security by tackling vulnerabilities and doing penetration testing
What you’ll bring
Your experience includes:
- 3+ years’ experience working in Java
- Unit testing knowledge (e.g. JUnit)
- Experience with mySQL
- Cloud Native Architecture (Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with MicroServices is a plus
- Know-how of writing your own tests (i.e.: integration tests, end-to-end tests and so on)
Your colleagues would say:
- Coding isn’t your only language - you can communicate crystal clear in English.
- You want to make a difference, hone your skills, and code because you love it!
- You’re not satisfied with what’s already available and have the ambition to revise and improve things in the name of progres.
The base salary for this position is €3800 gross (before taxes) monthly. This is a full-time equivalent target rate for Lithuania only. Actual rate offered will vary depending on the nature of the role and the breadth of skills and expertise the candidate brings to the role relative to existing Mambuvians. For the rest of the locations where we advertise this role, the starting salary will be discussed during the recruitment process.
We are a diverse group of Mambuvians, and we are growing fast. Our eyes are on the future, and we believe we can use our technology and our talent to deliver banking experiences for billions that are also sustainable and inclusive and accessible.
We’re also focused on delivering a fantastic working experience for all Mambuvians. We pioneered the 4 day working week between June - August many years ago, and continue to innovate around how work should feel and how it should get done. Our Mambu Deal is how we articulate this relationship of support and dedication which drives us all forward.
To stay on top of the latest Fintech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn.