Bolt is on a mission to democratize commerce. Since our founding, we’ve relentlessly focused on creating a world class buying experience that’s available for all online businesses – not just the giants of retail. Through CheckoutOS and our growing network of tens of millions of shoppers ready for one-click-checkout at the point of inspiration, Bolt is leveling the playing field for retailers and making shopping easy, trusted, and secure for consumers.
The fact that we're revolutionizing ecommerce is only half of the equation – we’re also transforming the way we work. At Bolt, we’re committed to working Consciously, and believe in balancing execution with humanity. Our team is driven by the great technical challenges in our path, and by the thrill of creating a new standard for work. Come join us on the adventure today!
The Developer Experience (DevX) team works at the intersection between Bolt’s external developers and its API products. Direct developer integrations are becoming an increasingly important customer acquisition funnel for Bolt. We’re working to build the best API-driven checkout on the market.
The DevX team owns two very important areas:
- External API platform: We iterate on Bolt’s API Platform and work across Bolt engineering to design, maintain, and build high quality products, including external APIs, Webhooks, and SDKs.
- Developer Experience Product Features: We are making significant investments in developer-facing features such as developer dashboards, API log viewer, API key management, messaging, and much more.
What you’ll do
- Build on Bolt’s platform for creating, reviewing, documenting and monitoring external APIs.
- Contribute across the stack to work on Bolt’s developer dashboard and other developer-facing products.
- Help design simple, stable Bolt APIs over complex, frequently evolving ones.
- Take ownership over design and execution of your own projects while pairing with mentors.
- Collaborate closely with many different internal and external engineering partners.
- Work with cutting-edge open source API Platform tools.
- Gain significant domain expertise in the E-Commerce and Payments Space.
- Participate in our R&D journey to build the best in class External API framework
Our tech stack:
- REST / GraphQL
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Amazon Web Services
- Typescript / React
- 3+ years of professional development experience.
- A background building high-quality REST and/or GraphQL APIs.
- Strong technical communication skills.
What will set you up for success
- Experience developing or leveraging API-driven products.
- Energized by building high quality tools to provide value to Bolt’s developer ecosystem.
- Experience with API lifecycle management tools and OpenAPI3 specification.
- A consistent customer centric engineering mindset
Check out our Engineering Blog!
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Remote-first workplace
- 4 day work weeks
- Time away: Flexible PTO, paid holidays + floating holidays and your birthday off
- Equity Early Exercise Program
- Paid parental leave
- Phone, Utilities, and Wellness stipends
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
In addition to our core values, Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. On our mission to democratize commerce, the Bolt platform levels the playing field for everyone. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve (that is, everyone).
To ensure the health and safety of all Bolters and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.