Software Engineer @ bit.io
bit.io’s mission is to make data scientists and software engineers immediately productive, to remove obstacles to using data, and to make data more accessible. Join us in building a shareable cloud database where users can share their data with anyone in seconds just like a Google doc, query their data without worrying about compute or memory, and combine their data with a growing collection of immediately use-able open data. bit.io is transforming data in the same way GitHub transformed software and open source.
Critical toward achieving bit.io’s vision is a datastore that (1) scales to petabyte queries while still enabling fast query-iteration by users, and (2) applies data best practices while remaining flexible when opinionated defaults aren’t enough. You will build bit.io’s datastore.
As a Software Engineer at bit.io you will:
- Work across the stack on all aspects of software engineering for the core product
- Collaborate directly with all teammates on a small, productive technology team
- Solve petabyte-scale problems in the data space
- Design, build, test and deploy a complex data management system
- Make broad, impactful technology decisions with responsibility for their outcomes
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Shipped product
- Experience and passion in data, data engineering, and data processing
- Deep knowledge in data management - parsing, cleaning, querying, extracting, etc.
- A strong drive to make software easy-to-use
The ideal backend engineering candidate will have:
- Expertise in Python and SQL
- Constructed APIs with technology like REST, OpenAPI, or gRPC
- Developed with microservices and container technologies like Docker & Kubernetes
- High proficiency in building data processing pipelines, working with structured data, and leveraging common database technologies