Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in New Zealand ⚠️
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to tackle theft and Organised Retail Crime, a $150 Billion problem globally. It’s high-volume crime that’s increasingly organised in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand 11 years ago, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK.
Auror is connecting people and intelligence to reduce crime. We’re using technology for good. In partnership with our leading retail partners, we need people with the passion, determination, and innovation required to overcome one of the world's largest problems. If you’re looking to make a difference with and for the people dedicated to stopping crime, for good, then we want you on our team.
About Auror Engineering
Collaboration is at the heart of the Engineering team at Auror. We believe that we can only build the very best software by working with each other, and seeking different perspectives to solve problems.
- We like to ask questions and make sure the work we’re doing has the biggest impact it can
- We work closely with Product Management and Design to scope out the best solution
- We prioritise helping each other and giving great feedback on PR reviews
- We take responsibility for the quality of our software, consulting with fellow engineers and supporting teams
We solve problems that make a real-world impact, and we take engineering seriously. We’re a team that:
- Ship code to production constantly with a minimal defect rate, prioritising short feedback cycles over project plans and deadlines.
- We continuously look for ways to improve our product and our tech, and make space to contribute to engineering initiatives across the team.
Our architecture is cloud-native, which lets us focus on delivering business value to customers, not maintaining the plumbing.
Our stack is: React SPA with MobX and Typescript over a C# dotnet core backends-for-frontends WebAPI, hosted in Azure. In Azure we use App Services, SQL, Functions, Storage, Event Grid and Search.
As one of our Senior Software Engineers, you will bring the following:
- A collaborative working style and an appreciation for working in an agile environment. You’ll be able to work with engineers of all skill levels and to coach and mentor your teammates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to discuss technical problems and solutions with both technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to think holistically about the impact of your work and your decisions on the whole business, not just the engineering team.
- Ability to break large pieces of work into small, shippable units of value, collaborating to come up with simple, evolvable architectures that prioritise learning over perfection.
- An interest in scalability, usability, security, cloud platforms, privacy & ethics, and/or our industry: loss prevention / safer communities / crime prevention.
- We are looking for people who demonstrate a strong alignment to our Guiding Principles (you can find these on our Careers page).
In Your First 6 Months at Auror
- You’ll make big contributions to our product, working with Product Management and Design from the very beginning to make sure we’re delivering value to our customers and making a meaningful impact.
- You’ll use your coaching and mentoring skills to help level up other members of the Engineering team.
- You’ll get to know the entire product and take ownership of the development and support of one of our product modules.
- You’ll work to improve our processes, tooling and tech stack.
- Competitive salary range: This will depend on the level of experience. We have scoped this role as an IC3 with a hiring salary range of $110,000 - $140,000.
- Employee share scheme: You’ll own part of a company making a real difference!
- Flexibility: We are hard-working and outcome focused, but recognise there is more to life than work. We promote a healthy work/life blend.
- Shorter work weeks (at full pay): Everyone gets Friday afternoons off, so you can start your weekend early, and do more of whatever it is that makes you happy.
- Focus on mental and physical health: We understand how vital our health is and have policies to support your wellness, including: Wellness Days, and up to three expert sessions paid for every year.
- Health Care Plan: From 1 April ‘24, Auror covers 100% of the cost of your individual health insurance plan.
- Family-friendly: We offer comprehensive parental leave and benefits for primary and non-primary caregivers, including a baby bonus and meals delivered to your door.
- Personal growth: We support our team to participate in courses, conferences, or events that will help them develop their skills.
- Team love: We have regular team lunches and social events where most (if not all) activities are during work hours.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Auror’s guiding principles, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Auror, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
If you’re excited about our mission and you have experience and a passion for this role, please hit “Apply” below.
We’re proud that Auror is a place where everyone can learn and grow. So if you’re not sure that you tick all the boxes but feel you’re close to what we’re looking for, please apply anyway as we’d love to hear from you!
Once you apply, you’ll hear from us to acknowledge your application. If you have questions about any of the above, or if you have any accessibility requirements, we’ll be able to help you from there.