Hi! We’re The Wanderlust Group, an outdoor technology company comprised of Dockwa, Marinas.com and Campouts.com. We believe the world would be a better place if people were able to spend more time outdoors connected to nature and each other. We build technology to make those experiences more accessible, affordable and enjoyable for all backgrounds.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our engineering team in building a marketplace booking platform for marinas and boaters, and campgrounds and campers.
A bit more about us:
- We are predominantly a Ruby/Rails & React shop and we <3 Postgres! We also use Sidekiq, Rspec, Swift for iOS, Kotlin for Android, Git, Heroku, AWS, and Stripe to name a few
- We work on some slick UIs with extremely talented designers!
- We are fully remote!
- We have a progressive view on work-life balance because we also want to be outside!
- We have around 65 employees, and 12 of us are engineers.
- Here's our engineering page with some open source projects we've made https://engineering.dockwa.com/
Successful candidates typically have at least 2 years of professional experience and are strong in some of these areas:
- Professional experience in developing web applications using a popular web framework, such as MVC, Rails experience is a plus
- Strong experience with object-oriented programming, separation of concerns, API design, and other code design patterns
- Knowledge of relational databases, Postgres experience is a plus
- Close familiarity with software engineering methodologies and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including code reviews, test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment
- Seeks ways to learn as well as help peers grow; contributes to a team culture of continuous learning and collaboration
Other reasons to join:
- You'll work on a supportive team of empathetic humans.
- You'll be on a fully remote team that can accommodate flexible start and end times due to working styles, family needs, or timezone differences.
- You'll have a 4 day work week!
- You'll work on an ever-modernizing stack and encouraged to spend time to invest in best practices - we want the codebase to scale and be fun to work in.
- You'll receive a competitive salary, stock options, and up to 3% matching 401k.
- You'll have untracked vacation time - that you will be encouraged to use.
- You'll have options for nationwide medical, dental, and vision insurance and 20 weeks parental leave.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a small group of engineers to have great impact. The best practices we set in motion now will be massively important as we scale our systems to meet the impressive growth we see today. If you meet all the qualifications, please apply! But we know how rare it is to hit all the bullets, so if you have a track record of caring deeply about shipping software that helps people, we want to hear from you.
The Wanderlust Group is a unique company. Because we believe in the value of putting screens down and getting outside, the entire company practices offline Mondays. Spend your Mondays hiking, thinking, reading, sailing. It doesn’t matter as long as you’re not emailing or in meetings. We also care a lot about the marinas and campgrounds we serve. They are often small businesses playing an important role in the local economy around them. That dedication carries through our work. Finally, because we are wanderers at heart, this position is open to remote candidates.