Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Romania ⚠️
Purpose of Position
As a Software Engineer you are part of a cross-functional service-oriented team, working on extending and maintaining our Affiliate Marketing platform.
You will be responsible for writing clean, secure and well-tested code. You follow best-practice guidelines and help to improve those guidelines, your code is open by default and easy for others to reuse. You are part of a team and with the team extend, maintain and operate assigned parts of our platform.
You coach and mentor more junior colleagues, participate in knowledge-sharing activities both within your team and the wider Engineering practice.
You have a good understanding of the user needs within your service and work with the product owner and other team members to translate these into technical solutions. You work through the entire lifecycle of a service or product, from understanding requirements, development to deployment, support and maintenance. You show an understanding for deadlines, find pragmatic solutions and are proactive in raising potential risks.
You will help the team in solving the challenges that arise as our business grows and develops; working together to ensure the service continues to meet the needs of our business and its customers.
You will be joining our Marketplace service which handles one of our most important and impactful solutions at Awin. Getting partners to discover each other! It is of the uttermost importance to get our clients embarked in a journey of building new relationships with possible partners that can better enable them to focus on the business, while their new connections help them drive sales and engagement.
You'll be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about creating partnerships that drive growth and impact. Come be a part of our journey and help us shape the future of affiliate marketing!
- Work inside a small team with a well described and groomed product backlog and be comfortable with agile methodologies and practices
- Improve existing applications, design and build solutions from scratch
- Develop code and contribute to reviews, retrospectives, planning and development sessions
- Shape development technologies and practices
- Follow best-practice guidelines and processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written forms (documentation, emails, communication tools) with local and remote team members
Whilst the above is a guide to general expectation of the role, we expect this position to evolve allowing you greater scope to gain both knowledge and experience within the online and affiliate marketplace.
Skills & Expertise
- At least 3 years of commercial Software Engineering experience
- Experience with PHP
- We appreciate any experience with Symfony
- Experience with any relational databases.
- We use MariaDB and MySQL, but any experience is good
- Familiar with Agile processes.
- Passion for writing elegant code and a desire to constantly refactor and improve, with a good understanding of SOLID, design principles and OOP
- Understanding basic Data Structures and Algorithms
Nice to have
- If you have any of these that’s even better, but do not shy away from applying if you don’t!
- Knowledge of streaming and queuing solutions (e.g. Kafka, ActiveMQ)
- Knowledge of best practices, RESTful APIs, design patterns.
- Understanding of unit testing or even TDD would be a great asset.
- Experience working with Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
- We are migrating and building new solutions in AWS.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases. AWS DynamoDB is also a plus.
- Experience working with front-end code
- Understanding the concepts of DDD
- Working on high-volume transactional systems
- Comfortable with applying continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience with Java (we have some small projects in Java as well)
- Flexi-Week and Work-Life Balance: We prioritise your mental health and wellbeing, offering you a flexible four-day Flexi-Week at full pay and with no reduction to your annual holiday allowance. We also offer a variety of different paid special leaves.
- Flexi-Office: Do you prefer to work from our cool office, from home, or in a completely different environment? With us, the choice is yours.
- Health & Well Being: With our support and access to various initiatives and sports offers, you can devote yourself to your mental and physical well-being.
- Development: We’ve built our extensive training suite Awin Academy to cover a wide range of skills that nurture you professionally and personally, with trainings conveniently packaged together to support your overall development. You can also improve your English skills by participating in our local language course.
- Remote Working: You will receive a monthly allowance to cover part of your running costs. In addition, we will support you in setting up your remote workspace appropriately.
- Appreciation: Thank and reward colleagues by sending them a voucher through our peer-to-peer program and show your appreciation for colleagues who have gone the extra mile to support you.
Established in 2000, Awin is proud of our dynamic, social and inclusive culture.
Like all businesses, we’ve had to adapt and nurture our culture in a virtual environment. Our virtual ‘Life @ Awin’ hub brings our colleagues from across the globe together for various social activities.
Diversity & Inclusion are paramount to us, and we proudly pursue and hire diverse team members. We champion uniqueness and authenticity; this is who we are at our core. Our network of affiliate partnerships are diverse and transparent, as are the employees powering our vision to build the world’s leading open partner ecosystem. We welcome all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you need support at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply now to begin the next stage of your career at a progressive company that supports both your professional and personal development.