Posted 3 months ago
Open to candidates in the USA (CA, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA), United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia) only
Committed to making a difference, InDebted was founded to change the world of consumer debt recovery for good. We're disrupting a broken industry and creating a better way for businesses to recover debt - where the customer comes first.
We’re a global, digital first and customer-obsessed team of over 270 people, living and working across 11 different countries.
And we’ve also recently been named the AFR BOSS Best Place to Work! By focusing on the happiness and wellbeing of our people, we’ve created a truly flexible, purpose driven and engaging workplace. We’re all here with one shared vision - to remove barriers to financial freedom for all people.
About the Role
Our engineering team at InDebted are comprised of full stack developers who primarily work in collaboration via Pair Programming, small feedback loops with Test Driven Development, Trunk based Development, Continuous Deployment, backed by a foundational layer of Infrastructure as Code, Observability, a Zero Bug Attitude and accountability with Collective Ownership.
As part of the engineering team, you will have exposure to work in theResearch and Development teams of Product, Engineering and Data as we continuously revolutionise the collections industry.
Reporting to one of our Engineering Leads, we are looking for experienced full stack Software Engineers who thrive on problem solving, and working with our wider Engineering teams as well as other areas of InDebted to continuously improve on our product strategy for our customers and end-users.
This role is open remotely for candidates based anywhere in Australia.
What will you do day to day?
- Own end-to-end product features from ideation, automated testing, and implementation to deployment and monitoring.
- Embrace “You build it, You run it” with ownership of the entire infrastructure across multiple deployment environments.
- Continuously learn new domain and technical concepts to maintain a deep understanding of the product strategy and system architecture.
- Leverage diverse partners in the multi-cloud ecosystem to maximize productivity and empower the business to focus on building our core intellectual property.
- Improve our code standards, maintainability, developer experience, data privacy, security, scalability, resilience, and fault tolerance.
Experience and Skills:
- Significant exposure to running end-to-end projects.
- Significant experience with developing highly scalable, resilient applications.
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals, engineering principles, automated testing, networking protocols, and distributed systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Go, AWS Serverless, Event Sourcing, Lambda, SQS, SNS, Dynamo, Aurora Postgres, Terraform, DataDog, BuildKite, GitHub, Trello, Netlify, React JS
At InDebted, you get a lot more than just a highly rewarding and exciting career. We also offer:
4DWW - Not a compressed working week, but actually work 4 days, be paid for 5
Work wherever - We’re a global team working in flexible locations - choose to work from home, in a co-working space, a bit of both, or see where the role takes you
Employee equity- Access to share options in something big
Flexible paid leave- We offer a trust based leave model - choose when you take leave, how much you take, and what you take it for
Remote Work Stipend - A quarterly budget to spend on the items you need to create a working environment that supports your success and productivity
Uprise - Our EAP Provider supports your physical, social & psychological wellbeing
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.