NOTE: THIS ROLE COULD BE 100% REMOTE OR HYBRID
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
Tulip has built a retail mobile software platform that empowers leading retailers such as Mulberry, Chanel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors to give mobile devices to their store associates so they can elevate service, sell more and provide a personalized experience.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Software Developer to the Delivery team. Our team’s focus is on the successful launch of our enterprise customers - focusing on creating robust, resilient and sustainable data synchronization systems between Tulip and our client’s CRM, ORM and other services.
Tulip uses a variety of different technologies and languages, and the Delivery team mainly uses Node.JS using TypeScript to build out the transformation and loading layers for pushing data. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help gather requirements, brainstorm ideas, architect solutions, solve technical issues, and strive to create a balance between the speed of delivery and feature-richness of Tulip products. This is an exciting role for someone who enjoys the challenge and responsibility of large projects.
What you will do:
- Write quality code, test it & document it.
- Perform code review and help to improve our coding processes.
- Enjoy learning new tools and investigating existing solutions for best fit.
- Take ownership of key aspects of the project and help ensure a successful delivery.
- Identify problems early and communicate them to the relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to design/architectural decisions.
- Champion product and architectural improvements for future releases.
What you bring:
- We’re using Node.JS primarily, so experience in this is nice to have, but not required - any level of software development experience will be considered.
- Experience with working with external APIs is a major part of this role - if you’ve built data syncing systems and care about programming defensively to prioritize data integrity, or you are passionate about this kind of problem - this is the position for you.
- Communication is key - we’re looking for people that are comfortable with communicating within a team. You can represent ideas well, and work collaboratively with the team to find good solutions to problems.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing.
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
Why we are awesome.
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.