Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
We are The Social Element
Hello! We are a leading global independent full service social media agency, founded 21 years ago. Our 260+ team members look after some of the world’s largest brands (Mondelez, Diageo, Dr Pepper). We pride ourselves on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients enabling us to be the voice of their brand on Social.
We believe that brand growth, trust and loyalty is driven through Genuine Human Connection and that social media presents the best opportunity for brands to engage emotionally with their audience.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Strategist to join our Strategy team in North America ♥️
Is this you? 👊
You are a social strategist with agency experience where you have contributed and delivered social strategy. You have a keen passion for staying up-to-date on evolving social platforms and trends and are a natural collaborator and communicator when it comes to all things social.
Sound like you? We’d love to talk to you about this position!
What You’ll Do 📅
As a Social Media Strategist, you will support with the pitching and delivery of strategic work in key social media areas (social media content, channel, and community strategy), providing the strategic direction to extend our clients’ brand experience onto social media.
- Lead briefs for creative, insights, and client that succinctly sum up needs and inspire strong outputs
- Lead and create social media audits, reports, content plans, social strategies, playbooks, social media training programs, and thought leadership for clients
- Support in research for new business plans and pitches
- Set and advise on KPIs for campaigns, reports, and strategies. Recommend optimizations based on findings and trends.
- Stay up-to-date with industry standards, community management, and social media through continuous research of trends in social media platforms
- Plan, execute, and optimize social strategy for key clients, in partnership with Account and Social Media teams
- Craft persuasive and visually-attractive narratives that simplify data points into actionable next steps
- Identify trends in social culture and translate them to brand opportunities and/or agency thought leadership
- Assist in agency education of social trends, partner with other disciplines
About You 👇
- Strong background in social strategy including content, channel strategy, and community management strategies
- A true curiosity to understand audiences, business goals, and social platforms both new and emerging
- Strong relationship builder - both internally and with clients
- Ability to lead research (through leading analyst teams, conducting own research, using tools), to write and customize a social media strategy
- Expert communicator and storyteller both visually and spoken. Can turn data into clear, actionable plans
- Ability to tie social media success to brand business goals and outputs
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of new and emerging social media platforms (ex. Threads, TikTok), communities (ex. Discord), and the digital space
- Working knowledge of social media topics including paid media and influencer
- Strong footing in evolving culture and trends and a POV into the right opportunities for brands and clients to be involved
- Confident with technology and the ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Ability to manage client needs and expectations, feedback to creatives, and guide internal teams (ex. Commercial and Insights)
- Strong sense of collaboration with internal and external teams
- Good organizational and time management skills and ability to juggle several tasks
- Self-starter – ability to work independently and motivate self while working from home
- 3-5 years of social strategy experience
- Proven experience in a social media agency is a must
- Up-to-date and current knowledge of social networks and their opportunities for brands, social tools and social media and cultural trends
- Strong experience working alongside new business teams in pitches and a proven record of helping unlock additional revenue from clients via strategic opportunities
- Proven track record of strategic experience and successful partnership with creative, insights, paid, and influencer marketing
- Experience working for global clients, CPG, and Alcohol is a plus
- Solid experience with quantitative and qualitative performance metrics and insights
Please note these benefits are US employees only.
🏠 100% Remote working
🌞 36 days of holiday (including the bank holidays) Increasing with length of service up to a maximum of 36 days PTO.
🎂 Birthday off
🐕🦺 Annual Occasion Day off for an important event (such as helping a new pet settle, your wedding or moving home)
🙏 1 Volunteer day off
😷 Paid Sick time off
⚕️ Group Insurance Medical plans with generous employer contribution, including one plan that is employer covered🤓 Dental and Vision plans 🏦 FSA & HSA Options, with employer contribution to HSA on select plans👴🏽👵 401k with employer matching🌡️ Employer Paid Long-Term/Short-Term Disability
🧑🤝🧑 Enhanced family friendly policies
😴 Career Break: After 1 year's service, can take between 4 weeks and 1 year unpaid leave.
👩⚕️ Wellbeing Support
🏖️ Flexible Fridays (Working half day)
The Social Element Values
Work according to the company values
Do it Well 💪
Be One Team 🧑🤝🧑
Do the Right Thing ✔️
Keep Pioneering 💡
Make Them Smile 😃
The Social Element Behaviours For Success
Be focused and decisive 🔥
Be brave and inspirational 🦸
Be rigorous in our approach 🕵️
Be considered and inclusive 🤗
Be loud and proud 🔊
Our Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Commitment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Our recruitment process is fair, transparent and based on merit, skill and experience related to the role. We welcome applications from diverse and under-represented groups regardless of their background.
We value having divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at The Social Element. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
We are also able to make reasonable adjustments throughout the full recruitment process so we invite you to identify any additional support that you may require to ensure you are supported throughout the full process.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so even if you feel you don’t fulfil all the requirements, we encourage you to still apply — we’d love to hear from you! 🙂