The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
We have very little legacy, but that doesn’t stop us looking for ways to improve. For instance, we are already exploring ways to improve some services we transitioned to the cloud very recently. Quickness and efficiency are always a priority, but we never compromise on security, usability, or reliability getting there.
Our teams are multi-disciplined, well-structured, and set up to work in Agile Scrum or Kanban. We encourage collaboration and creative thinking
Want to join us?
Our DevOps/SRE team are Award Winning and have built the infrastructure of the bank from the ground up using a mix of cloud native services and solutions running on GCP. We use Hashicorp Vault & Consul to ensure security, while automated pipelines are developed using Terraform/Packer, Ansible & Jenkins.
At Atom, we always look for ways to improve our operation. This means relentlessly testing our infrastructure and deployments so that we can be sure we can recover from unexpected failures.
The Site Reliability Engineers for Atom’s Core Banking platform provide hands on capability to build, operate and ensure the platform is highly available, resilient and performant for Atom’s customers and internal technology teams. This role will involve being part of a on-call rota.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- You will be working in one of our Agile build teams, who focus on building new and optimising existing infrastructure as code automated pipelines
- Work with other team members, to design and develop a wide range of key systems
- Participate in daily stand ups and discussions with developers, engineering teams and project managers
- Work with SREs to break requirements down into stories and tasks, along with work estimates
- Ensure the best practices of trustworthy computing and secure development and implementation lifecycle are adhered to
- Ensure our engineering processes have a focus on scalability and performance
- Working with other team members to facilitate regular software releases using a continuous delivery pipeline
- Own the development of new automation all the way through to the Atom Production environment
What do we need from you?
- Cloud computing experience AWS/Azure/GCP
- Knowledge of Cloud computing fundamentals, e.g. Cloud IAM, Networks, Virtual Machines, Kubernetes, and Cloud native services , such as logging & monitoring
- Hands on development experience of Infrastructure tooling (e.g. Packer, Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience of administering Cloud database as a service for Postgres or native Postgres database instances
- Ability to identify and technically interpret issues to route cause via Log Files and Logging Platform Analysis using tools such as Grafana/Datadog
- Working knowledge of Web Services and associated architectures/technologies, RESTful APIs, API
- Platform(s), ESB Platform(s), API Security Concepts
- Experience in supporting a live service
What would we ideally like from you?
- Knowledge of Programming Languages, ideally Java, Python or C Like Language(s)
- Broad understanding of Systems Architecture
- Broad understanding of version control software and code branching concepts (e. GitFlow)
What you’ll get from us:
- Hybrid Working
- Annual Share Bonus – performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- ‘All About Me’ fund - £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and immediate family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)