Senior Ux Researcher @ Bolt
We are witnessing a massive shift of consumer behavior from offline to online. With it, there is a need for technologies that enable online businesses to thrive. Bolt is at the center of this universe working on the next generation of ecommerce, having created a best-in-class buying experience from checkout to fraud detection, payments and more. With our help, retailers can successfully compete with the online retail giants that have the means to invest in technology.
Research has been a foundational part of how Bolt builds products from day one even without a dedicated user experience research function outside of product management and design. Bolt is hiring a user experience researcher to drive both exploratory and directed research to better understand problems and to find the best way to solve them. As a user experience researcher at Bolt you will partner with product design, product management, and engineering to help answer the questions that will shape our long term vision and strategy.
What you'll do:
- Seek out customer, data, and design-driven insight and use that insight to identify foundational questions for the business, the product, and the ecommerce industry more broadly.
- Design the user research best suited to answer those questions whether it be surveys, interviews, diary studies, prototype walkthroughs, card sorting, or something entirely unique.
- Execute on your research plans end to end including getting scrappy when necessary to do your own recruiting, scheduling, and more in a startup environment.
- Evangelize your findings across the company from the tech teams to the go-to-market teams to leadership.
- Leverage your deep understanding of Bolt’s customers to help support the product development process.
- Evaluate and summarize learnings to be shared across multiple functions, and use your insights to form recommendations for contribution toward future project planning.
What would set you up for success:
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience researcher
- A clear history of developing and delivering high-quality research and insights
- Outstanding communication skills
- Outstanding at documenting and sharing findings with the broader company
- Experience in payments and eCommerce a plus
Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.