Signifyd’s growing product team is looking for a talented, curious, and fearless Senior User Researcher. You’ll be joining the Product Design and Experience team as their first user researcher where you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with experienced Product Designers and Product Managers located across the UK and US.
At Signifyd, designers influence the end-to-end experience of all internal and customer-facing products. We work closely with cross-functional teams that focus on harnessing machine learning and artificial intelligence in more powerful ways to maximize our customers’ revenue and their security.
Let’s talk about you. You will be the first of your kind at Signifyd. You will contribute to all aspects of design and product discovery, including user research, testing, usage analytics, concepts, and new market research, while working closely with the Product team to ensure tasks align with company objectives and with Engineering to bring the best product experience to life. You will be expected to manage stakeholder relationships for your projects, clearly communicate insights across organizations, and influence design decisions and product roadmaps. You will also help initiate design-led projects to help future-proof our business. Your work will have a distinct mark on our design process.
- Design and execute appropriate research activities to answer relevant design and/or business questions, leveraging and triangulating both qualitative and quantitative methods to inform the product experience and drive innovation.
- Gather and prioritize questions from product, design, engineering, and partners.
- Contribute your research and perspective through the entire product development process, from planning to implementation to post-release.
- Bring a wide range of both established and innovative research methods to your work and develop new methods where needed.
- Identify best research methods (quantitative and qualitative) to use for varying research questions, timeline, and resourcing.
- Build and continuously improve a robust and thoughtful approach to gather customer insights.
- Define and execute a comprehensive research roadmap; communicate and refresh on a regular basis to ensure relevancy.
- Partner with Product Managers and Design to effectively translate data and insights into strategy and design direction aligned to product goals.
- Create a deep understanding and empathy for our customers across diverse audiences, including designers, PMs, engineers, and business leaders.
- Define event and usage metrics to measure the success and identify opportunities of the product experience.
- Analyze results and translate them into clear, compelling narratives that inspire action and change among your stakeholders.
- Communicate research findings through persuasive, compelling written reports and group presentations that include research context, perspective and recommendations.
- Continually learn, grow, and improve the craft of research.
- You are passionate about the future of automated fraud protection for ecommerce.
- You're a champion of the user and empathize with their needs and are happy when they can accomplish their goals better.
- You thrive in the iterative design process, can move fast and pivot due to changing objectives.
- You have strong research skills, believe in building a strong user intuition, and have a passion for product experience.
- You know how to ask for and receive feedback, and are humble when managing feedback.
- You understand the technological constraints of the systems you study.
- You think of the product experience holistically including how things might be different in the future.
- You are passionate about sharing knowledge and methods with the team
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or relevant training in either human-computer interaction, human factors, cognitive psychology, or related field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with: field research, ethnography, moderation, analysis, reporting, test creation, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, and surveys.
- Deep knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methodologies, data collection and analysis.
- Proficiency in tools for user analytics, collaboration and prototyping.
- Experienced in the iterative product development process.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment.
- Strong storytelling and ability to frame insights for different audiences.
- Ability to break down complex concepts clearly and persuasively.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Willingness to perform all research-related tasks.
- A comprehensive portfolio of your past professional work that you can share during the interview process.
- Completion of a hypothetical research design exercise to assess problem solving and planning is required as part of the interview process.
To be considered for this role you must submit a resume and online portfolio with professional examples of your process and evolution of work.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $125,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
Benefits in our US offices:
- 4-day workweek
- Discretionary Time Off Policy (Unlimited!)
- BetterHelp Online Therapy Membership
- Dedicated learning budget through Learnerbly
- 401K Match
- Stock Options
- Annual Performance Bonus or Commissions
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Social Events
- Signifyd Swag