Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in London, UK ⚠️
Senior Systems Designer | London | Full Time
We’re Hutch, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Senior Systems Designer
Hutch is looking for an experienced Systems Designer to accelerate the growth of our catalogue of car culture titles to their next level. As Senior Systems Designer, you will be responsible for the features, loops, and meta experiences that build the habitual engagement to make our games endure.
- As a senior you’ll be responsible for the leadership of design standards, people, and the craft of systems within your team
- Lead the design process and seek methods for continuous improvement
- Set the standard for systemic, meta, and social design quality
- Mentor other designers in the systems design process and craft
- Craft new features and systems to boost engagement and conversion of our products
- Tune and balance the wider game economy to provide the highest quality player experience and amplify product performance
- Evolve and iterate on existing features or systems leveraging data insight
- You’ve got the experience to jump in, make an impact on both the products and people at Hutch
- Proven ability to craft engaging gameplay, meta and social systems
- Expert knowledge of game design principles, player psychology and the economics of play
- Free-to-Play evangelist with a finger on the pulse of the market
- Strong ability to create mock-ups/flows/prototypes to showcase new concepts & ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of various ideation methodologies that leverage group creativity
- Quality communication and cross functional working standards
- Get it done attitude, working in engine, sheets, or anywhere that's needed
- Management or mentoring experience is advantageous
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch in central London. We have additional offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with;
- Hutch is now a 4-Day Work Week company*
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 2 days per week
- Excellent salary
- Private health care
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Free snacks and drinks
- Social events, game launch parties, Thursday night drinks and much more
*This will mean that Hutch employees will work a maximum of 4 days per week (30 hours/week) Mon-Thurs, with zero reductions in pay (compared to a 5 day working week).
- Transparent - Being transparent and open helps us to be trusted and fosters integrity.
- Humble - When we are humble we show humility, we let go of egos and we are self-aware.
- Collaborative - We value teamwork, the spirit of collaboration and the results of working together.
- Driven - We have drive and ambition and always push for the best results rather than settling.
- Adaptable - Demonstrating the ability to adapt ultimately helps us grow and helps us thrive in different situations
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/