About the Senior Software Engineer, API at Headspace:
Headspace is seeking a Senior Engineer to join its Partner Team and be responsible for building out great partner experience and driving member enrollment of our growing number of business partners. As part of this team, you'll be tasked with prototyping, architecting, and executing on the creation of our enterprise platform, and be integral in the B2B continued growth. We are open to both full stack or back end focused candidates.
Headspace has one mission: to improve the health and happiness of the world. Headspace is a global leader in mindfulness through its app and online content offerings. At Headspace, our employees embody our three core values: selfless drive, courageous heart, and a curious mind.
Being on the engineering team, you’ll be working on a product that impacts more than 65M users. You will help us bring new features to life to meet our mission, while also helping push our platform to newer technologies as we embrace the cutting edge. A big goal needs talented people, so come join us and give your day job a sense of purpose!
Location : This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, Florida, Georgia, Maryland + Washington DC, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Write well designed, testable, performant, and efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Work with product and engineering teams to release services that operate at our high scale
What you’ve accomplished:
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- Has a solid grasp of building new frameworks, tools or systems. Able to bring creative technical solutions to the table and design solutions at scale.
- Solid understanding of system topologies from machine architecture to network architecture. Ability to solve unique complex problems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision on system level projects. Identifies and corrects errors on their own. Assumes greater responsibilities and anticipates some team needs. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Proposes new solutions, ideas, tools and techniques for moderately complex problems.
- Begins to assume a lead role in team projects. Mentors and provides guidance.
- Considers multiple approaches and recommends best technical direction including logic and reasoning to areas outside of the immediate team.
- Key player in the design and delivery of system components both within and outside of the team.
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience, especially API and microservices architecture
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Node.JS or Spring boot preferred
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.