Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
We are looking for a self-directed Senior Software Engineer to help grow The Body Coach.
Our systems run on AWS, almost exclusively lambda functions (NodeJS / TypeScript), with Aurora MySQL and DynamoDB for storage. We use third parties that manage subscriptions, consent, CRM, CMS for us so we can focus on our core business. Our websites use React (alongside Remix and Gatsby). The Android and iOS apps are served via a GraphQL API using AppSync. We deploy code primarily using CDK and we are working on migrating away from legacy code that uses Terraform. We use GitHub Actions for automated testing and deployment processes.
The engineering team are fully-remote around the UK but you can work from our office in Richmond, London any time you like. We meet in person every three months to plan for the future and catch up with each other.
What you’ll do
- Work in a cross-functional team comprising mobile and full-stack engineering, design and product management.
- Contribute to our architectural direction and strategy.
- Help prioritise the technical parts of the roadmap, partnering with product and marketing to continuously monitor and deal with technical debt.
- Work with fellow engineers to break down work and deliver high-quality user experiences.
- Support with the hiring, onboarding and retention of diverse and talented software engineers.
Please consider applying even if you don’t think you tick everything below.
- You’re a product minded software engineer.
- You’re comfortable working on front-end and back-end problems.
- You’ve used NodeJS and TypeScript extensively.
- You’re experienced with A/B testing and data-driven decision making.
- You value well-thought-out and straightforward solutions to problems.
- We live by our mission - you’ll get lifetime subscription to the Body Coach app (you’ll also get a friends and family discount...get ready to be popular!) and discounts from our partners.
- We operate a 4-day working week.
- You can take time out of your day, on top of your lunchbreak, to exercise.
- £500 annual personal development budget.
- We offer private healthcare, a generous company pension and enhanced gender-neutral parental leave policy.
- A fun, inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone feels they can bring their whole selves to work and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
- In keeping with the values of the Body Coach, we make all employment decisions without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
£75,000-£85,000 per year