Senior Software Engineer
Heard of composable banking? The concept originated here at Mambu. We've been champions of composable for over a decade. Mambu is the only true SaaS cloud core banking platform. Our unique and sustainable composable approach means that independent engines, systems and connectors can be assembled in any configuration to meet business requirements and the ever-changing demands of your customers. 260+ banks, lenders, fintechs, and even retailers in 65 countries turn to us to help them build modern digital financial products faster, securely and cost-effectively. Ready to become a Mambuvian? Check our Jobs tab.
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Romania ⚠️
We're rewriting the rules of banking, championing speed, flexibility, and dependability. Our Cloud Banking platform fuels the success of financial brands worldwide, empowering our customers to craft outstanding banking experiences with unprecedented speed and flexibility.
We're on a mission to break through banking barriers, offering a cloud-native, SaaS core banking platform that prioritises adaptability and efficiency.
Join us in realising our vision to ignite global financial change, where your contribution matters, innovation thrives, and together, as one Mambu team, we redefine the future of banking.
About the team
The Daily Banking area has ownership over Mambu’s daily banking accounts, deposits products (personal and corporate), cards and ledger. The product area was set up in 2019, and comprises Deposits, Ledger, Cards and, more recently, Islamic Banking as autonomous teams.
The main mission for our Daily Banking teams is to provide highly scalable instant card payments, cards processing, deposit accounts and ledger management. We aim at leading the global Financial space to enable flexibility for our customers and grow without borders.
We are currently creating a SaaS Islamic Profit Sharing (IPS) platform that is constantly evolving, which is one of the instruments of Islamic Financial sector, an area with massive potential. Our compelling proposition saves customers time and money by enabling end-to-end Profit Sharing solutions.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement clean, scalable and reusable code using Java Architect RESTful web services, both sync and async
- Work with cloud service providers (GCP, AWS, Azure) and the associated architectural patterns (serverless computing, configuration as code, containers, Kubernetes, API gateway etc.)
- Contribute to development of CI and CD pipelines (GitLab, ArgoCD)
- Design and implementation of Islamic Banking features in collaboration with the Product and Engineering Manager, along with required infrastructure, scaling, performance tuning and optimization
- Work with our emerging microservices, implement data management and the associated patterns (e.g. CQRS, CDC, Saga, DB per service)
- Drive Proof of Concept projects that may hold the base of new features or new directions to be pursued
- Make templating of messaging easier with a configuration as code approach
- Maintain application security by tackling vulnerabilities
What you’ll bring
Your experience includes:
- 7+ years of experience working in Java
- Cloud Native Architecture (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Event streaming platforms (e.g. Kafka)
- REST API design practices
- Experience with microservices and monolithic architecture
- Scaling strategies knowledge
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases at scale
- Writing your own tests (i.e. unit, integration, end-to-end, performance tests)
- Experience with Data Lakehouse architecture is a plus
- Experience with React.js is a plus
Your colleagues would say:
- Coding isn’t your only language - you can communicate crystal clear in English.
- You want to make a difference, hone your skills, and code because you love it!
- You’re not satisfied with what’s already available and have the ambition to revise and improve things in the name of progres.
Whatever role you are looking for, if you want to join a collaborative, inclusive team of experts changing the lives of billions, this is where you belong.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Software Powered by iCIMS