We will start hiring for this role in the upcoming weeks with an estimated start date in June / July 2022. If you are interested and would like to get in touch with us, feel free to apply.
At a glance
- The company: Unito is a software startup that helps work collaboration tools speak to each other. We’re currently 60+ employees and growing fast!
- The role: In this role you will build and scale new products and features for our client facing applications.
- Ideal seniority level: Senior to Principal (usually 5+ years of experience).
- The pay: We have transparent and data-backed salaries. You’ll find the salary range associated with this role in the “More on the salary” section below.
- The benefits: Health insurance / $1,000 per year wellness spending budget for self-improvement / 4 weeks of vacation (3 weeks + holiday season) / Stock options.
- The team: We’re looking to add developers to 3 teams: the apps team that works on our customer-facing applications, the connectors team in charge of building our integrations platform, and the sync-engine team that builds and maintains the backbone of our tech.
- The office situation: We're a hybrid company. All employees are based in Montreal where we have our office and can choose to work remotely for part of the week (government covid measures always prevail).
- The hiring process: The last step is a paid pilot project. Your time is valuable, we don’t intend to abuse it.
Not the role for you? Sign up to our career newsletter to get notified when we open more positions.
More on the role
We are hiring several software developers to join one of those teams:
- Apps team: currently a team of 5 developers that works on the frontend of our product to build and scale new features for our client-facing applications. If you like making a very technical product super accessible and user friendly, this team is for you!
- Connectors team: currently a team of 10 developers working on building integrations with many different types of tools like project management tools (eg. Trello & Asana), dev tools (eg. GitHub & Jira), customer relationship management tools (eg. Hubspot & Zendesk), and many other categories (eg. Slack & Google Suite). If you like dealing with APIs and building SDKs, this is the team for you!
- Sync-engine team: currently a team of 4 developers focused on building and growing our platform that makes all these integrations and applications work seamlessly. If you’re looking for a super complex technical challenge, you’ll feel at home in this team.
No matter which team you join, you will be part of our larger software development team that likes following these core principles.
The main responsibilities
- Deploy new features to production and overhaul existing features
- Participate in the planning of major projects
- Work with various stakeholders and contribute to the definition of the product roadmap
- Be part of a team that loves automated testing, code reviewing and constantly raises the bar on quality
- Work with React, Redux, Node, AWS, Typescript (it’s ok if you’ve never worked with these though, we know a good developer can quickly ramp up on new languages!)
The experience we need
We don’t believe in adding 10 requirements just to fill a job posting. We keep the list short and only mention what will be necessary for you to perform in this role. If you don’t fit these criteria but decide to apply anyway, make sure you let us know why in the questionnaire you’ll receive later on.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a full-stack or backend software developer
- You have built medium to large scale applications
- You like working in team, solving problems in pair programming sessions, and collaborating on technical decisions
Other skills that will be valued
These are not requirements but will likely help you ramp up faster and succeed at Unito.
- Have experience using Node.js, TypeScript and React
- Like using data-driven development methods
- Have a good understanding of how design systems work and maintaining multiple client applications
- Are bilingual (French & English)
- Have used some of the tools that we integrate
More on the salary
We decided to share the salary associated with this job posting publicly because pay transparency is at the core of Unito and has a tremendous impact on workplace equity.
Two things to note before we get to the numbers:
- We have fully transparent and data-backed salaries. Which means pay is an open and fair discussion at Unito. Read more on exactly what that means here.
- If your salary expectations are higher than the range indicated below, it’s probably because you’re more senior than what we initially targeted. We’re always willing to hire someone more senior if they’re the right fit, and we will always pay our staff fairly. So you should still apply if this role and company are what you’re looking for.
- Our ideal seniority level: senior to principal (level 3+ in our leveling system)
- The corresponding salary range: $110,000
More on Unito
Describing everything we are and do in a short paragraph is really tough! So we spent some time designing a great career page that highlights what it’s like to work at Unito. Check it out if you’d like to learn more! If you’d rather not go down a rabbit hole just yet, here are the main things we believe make Unito different from your run-of-the-mill startup:
- We REALLY care about company culture. Everyone describes the team as a strong community with a real sense of belonging and caring.
- We pay our employees fairly and transparently. All employee and executive salaries are public, along with how we came up with the numbers.
- Our product is all about optimizing team collaboration, and that’s something we practice constantly internally.
- We still have an office and don’t intend to give it up because we believe in-person interactions foster creativity and reinforce that sense of community that makes us who we are.
Get paid for a trial run!
Our hiring process is a two-way street. After you go through an initial phone screen and interview, you’ll get a chance to work on a paid pilot project to see if Unito’s a good fit for you. It’s your chance to show us how you work and our chance to show you why Unito is a great place to do it.
- Work with the team: You'll be working on a real project that Unito needs to get done, not a standardized test. You also get to collaborate with your potential team.
- Get paid: We are not going to waste your time. You get paid for the work you put in, even if we don't end up hiring you.
If this still isn’t the role for you but Unito’s starting to sound like your future company, sign up to our career newsletter and get notified when we open more positions.
Unito is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing its team members with a healthy (equitable, fair, unbiased) work environment. We highly value diversity in all aspects.